As an Engineering Manager at Customer.io, you will…
- Help define the structure and organization of the engineering department.
- Mentor, nurture, and grow cross-functional teams of engineers.
- Champion our culture. We strive to be inclusive, cooperative, and empathetic.
- Recruit and hire new team members, with an emphasis on increasing our diversity.
- Improve our processes, and identify gaps in how we work.
- Work directly within your squads to create accountability for delivery timelines, promote healthy work culture, and ensure quality in new product features.
- Be an advocate for our vision of a great product team: Product Management defines problems and outcomes, while Engineering & Design define the solutions.
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Experienced as an engineering manager in the SaaS industry.
- Ideally you’ve had an opportunity to manage your reports remotely, but this is not a requirement.
- Genuinely excited about managing and developing people. While you started as an engineer, you’ve committed to management as your career path.
- Has a strong technical foundation in database technologies, distributed systems, and scaling solutions.
- Product-minded and has a proven track record of developing product-minded engineers.
- Located in UTC -4 to -7 or willing to work during common North/South America hours.