As a Director of Customer Success, you will hold the pivotal role of orchestrating success and growth for a team of dedicated Customer Success Managers. Your mission is to spearhead the development and implementation of a highly efficient, repeatable methodology that champions our most crucial client relationships. You won’t just lead; you’ll be the architect of transformative experiences, serving as the strategic linchpin within our organization and the “trusted advisor” to our esteemed senior executives. In your hands, you’ll craft a team of CSMs, together working to elevate the rapport between our cherished customers and Billtrust, ultimately transforming it from a mere vendor relationship into a robust strategic partnership.
- Take the lead in defining and optimizing the customer journey and foster a culture of Customer Success throughout the company, while ensuring alignment with Renewals & Expansion and Sales.
- Craft and communicate the vision of a Red Carpet experience to create lasting impressions and implement a company-wide customer feedback loop.
- Standardize Success Plans to suit different customer segments, ensuring a structured approach to customer success.
- Oversee and manage the entire customer lifecycle, which includes defining and overseeing various touch points, such as the exec sponsor program, EBR process, and listening points, while aligning with Renewals & Expansion for renewal and upsell strategies.
- Create standard presentation materials that will equip your team for executing effective lifecycle strategies and establish performance expectations with the team.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and become an expert in change management.
- Find ways for CSMs to deeply understand customer objectives and define their involvement during the sales cycle to showcase and deliver the value and ROI to customers effectively.
- Lead cross-functionally to drive overall customer success and clarify ownership for each part of the customer journey, while gathering feedback from other departments and advocating for process improvements.
- Take ownership of key metrics for your team, including renewal rates, upsell, product adoption, NPS, and employee satisfaction, and propose improvements to your team’s organizational structure, aiming to achieve operational excellence.
- Continuously communicate metrics to your team and report on these metrics each week, maintaining a culture of massive customer delight.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Proven success leading Customer Success Managers – 10+ years experience of overall work experience
- Ability to encourage an atmosphere of trust, openness and communication by working closely with both internal teams and customers on establishing clear, shared objectives during the course of the customer relationship.
- Strong analytical skills and experience.
- Strong communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of delivery expectations .
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and peers across the organization on a daily basis and to work with teams who have been tasked with producing other work products based on their team’s deliverables.
- Proven ability to build, maintain, and grow an effectively functioning team.
- Proven management experience leading teams in delivering solutions to diverse business problems.
- Experience documenting and optimizing business processes.
- Strong customer facing experience.
- Proven ability to engage in critical conversations with senior executive leadership.
Base Compensation: $140,000 – $170,000 (bonus offered in addition to base compensation)