As the leader of a research team you’re dedicated to supporting deep work and experimentation. As a senior manager you’ve refined your talent towards designing and shipping ML products aligned with the company vision. You take complicated systems and clearly communicate what matters to stakeholders. You love coaching your team to be on the forefront of what is possible and the idea of building intelligent systems that scale to reach millions of people motivates you.
The team will:
- Prototype predictive models that enable new product features and a dynamic discovery experience.
- Deploy and maintain production models at scale.
- Solve ambiguous problems using ML and NLP.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the highest-impact opportunities.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in math, stats, CS, physics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in data science and machine learning.
- At least 3 years of those years at the management level.
- Deep knowledge in at least one of the following fields: natural language processing, deep learning, computer vision, and bayesian or frequentist statistics.
- Experience productionizing models.
- Experience writing in scripting languages like Python, R, etc.
- The ability to translate machine learning metrics into business OKRs.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve goals, collaborate with other teams, and adapt as our company grows.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
• Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
• Work Life Balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family