At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that’s where you come in:
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Enterprise Systems team! This position will assist in the continual development of taking the company’s data and turning it into actionable insights.
What you will be doing:
- Develop sophisticated data models to support automated reporting and analytics.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain management reports and dashboards.
- Bring enthusiasm and knowledge for data and data-related technologies to assist in providing cutting-edge analytical solutions to the business.
- Utilize knowledge of data engineering concepts such as ETL, big data technologies and scripting languages to maintain and / or improve existing processes.
- Utilize knowledge of data science concepts including statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics to support various business needs.
- Meet with departmental business leaders to help define reporting and / or analytical requirements.
- Develop sophisticated data models used to build new dashboards and reports.
- Develop dashboards and reports from the ground up (define requirements, assist with ETL / integrations, architect the data models, create dashboards and provide maintenance & support) utilizing agile development methodologies.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis across a variety of business disciplines.
What you will need to know/have:
- 3+ years hands-on SQL experience.
- Experience in data architecture / modeling.
- Experience in dashboard UI design and development.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python) is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of data engineering concepts (integrations / ETL, big data technologies, data warehousing, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of data science concepts including statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics is a plus but not required.
- Note that the current analytics environment utilizes JIRA, Boomi, Python, Spark, SnowFlake, and Tableau.
- BS in technical degree field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics or Finance.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking