Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team and provide timely, empathetic help that keeps the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction. This role includes assistance in product-related issues, including planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and offboarding. The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and satisfaction by providing service via email (Zendesk) and working cross-functionally with teams across Grammarly.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for the first point of contact from Grammarly customers. Knowing our product offerings inside and out, you will become a product expert and will take ownership of finding improved ways to deliver exceptional customer service and refine Customer Support solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to a wide range of customer inquiries via Zendesk.
- Work closely with your Support Lead to meet ticket volume and quality requirements.
- Identify and escalate user issues, ensuring the information is shared appropriately with internal teams.
- Identify gaps in our internal knowledge base and suggest relevant improvements.
- Create individual OKRs and contribute toward team-wide OKRs to help us meet our goals.
Curious about what you’ll focus on first?
- Within the first 30 days, you will get familiar with the product, support tools, workflows, and all user interaction types.
- By month three, you will autonomously troubleshoot a variety of low- and medium-complexity cases.
- By month six, you will contribute to the team’s OKRs by demonstrating high standards in speed and quality of solving all user interaction types.
- By the end of year one, you will help boost team efficiency by improving customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Genuinely likes to help others and demonstrates an understanding of what good customer support entails.
- Has very strong writing skills.
- Is a good communicator with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong reading comprehension and attention to detail.
- Has customer service experience and familiarity with tools like Zendesk and Jira. (This is not required but is a plus!)