We are looking for a hands-on Creative Director, Design, to lead our Brand and Communications Design team. The successful candidate will be able to interpret business requirements and briefs quickly and translate them into elegant creative solutions. Often working to tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects, the creative director must be skilled at overseeing a creative team (including but not limited to: art directors, designers, and outside contractors). The Creative Director must be exceptional at pitching creative concepts to company stakeholders, as well as communicating ideas and creating concepts with other team members.
We’re seeking a Creative Director with a specialty in motion design to drive our principles, standards, and practices as we embrace a less static and more fluid vision.
Our Design team explores the big mysteries of Talkiatry and its audiences, experiments to discover what solutions resonate best, and executes those solutions with precision, artistry, and a high-quality standard. The Creative Director is also part of our Creative Team which is comprised of a co-creative dyad between our Marketing and Design teams.
The primary location for this role is remote. You will work with a remote multidisciplinary team of designers across multiple competencies—brand and communications, service, and UX design.
- Distill abstract business concepts and audience needs into refined, elegant creative solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under you—working in close partnership with our Creative Director of Copy and our Marketing team.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present your creative vision clearly to company stakeholders, as well as communicate in the same manner to members of our creative team.
- Have strong supervisory, people management, and leadership skills in order to lead and inspire, hire, develop, and oversee the Communications and brand design competence
- Ensure that all creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design on competence and team strategy.
- Collaborate with your teammates in other design competencies to ensure insights and hypotheses emerging for other work play a role in creative strategy.
- Facilitate and participate in cross-functional audience research—ensuring a strong qualitative data set in our brand and our storytelling.
- Set motion design standards and practices.
- Ability to work with audiences and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and determine a creative vision that matches briefs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders and internal teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
- A solid grasp of art history, design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture, and counterculture; fluency in current technology, politics, a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs.
- An appreciation for collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A fine arts degree (preferred) or an undergraduate degree in graphic design, visual communication, typography, or a related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Five or more years of creative direction experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience creatively directing complex solutions for digital environments—especially with motion.
- A strong background in animation
- Preferred software proficiency: Adobe after effects Illustrator ,Photoshop
- Top-notch team: we’re a diverse, experienced group motivated to make a difference in mental health care
- Collaborative environment: be part of building something from the ground up at a fast-paced startup
- Flexible location: work where you want to, either remotely across the U.S. or from our HQ in NYC
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, effective day 1 of employment, 401K with match, generous PTO plus paid holidays, paid parental leave, and more!
- Grow your career with us: hone your skills and build new ones with our Learning team as Talkiatry expands
- It all comes back to care: we’re a mental health company, and we put our team’s well-being first
- Compensation range for this position is $160,000 to $170,000, depending on experience; actual compensation will be dependent upon the specific role, location, as well as the individual’s qualifications, experience, skills and certifications.