About the Candidate
Apt 15, Building 58, Street 70, Block 6, Khaitan, Kuwait
+965 50441951 Sufyankhurshid@yahoo.com
A recent engineering graduate with a First-Class Honours degree from Coventry University. Demonstrating skills in programming and modelling circuits. Familiarizing with a range of software including MATLAB, Simulink, Proteus and Vivado. Presently seeking to secure a graduate job to utilize my analytical skills and knowledge and to help me further develop these skills in a practical and fast-paced environment.
Education & Qualifications
BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Overall First-Class Honours). 2017-2020
Key modules: Engineering Mathematics, Analogue and Digital Electronics, Advanced Digital Systems, Advanced Electronics, Control and Instrumentation, System Projects, Electrical Engineering, Introduction to Computer Engineering and Embedded Microprocessors Group Project.
Additional Modules: Business Networking and Relationship Skills, MATLAB and Simulink for Research in Industry, Academic Writing.
ON Campus Coventry
International Foundation Programme. 2017
Modules: Physics (A), Pure Maths (A*), Skills for Science (A), Additional Maths (A) and B2 English (A).
International school of Pakistan, Kuwait
FBISE (Higher Secondary Board – HSSC). 2014-2016
Modules: Physics (A), Chemistry (B), Mathematics (A*) and English (As a second language).
Hardware and Software programs: MATLAB, Simulink, PID controllers, VHDL, LINUX, MPLAB X IDE, LabVIEW, FPGA Programming, Proteus, Vivado, Assembly language, C Programming Language, C++ Programming language.
Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Frontpage.
Design software: National Instruments Multisim.
Final year project – Design and Optimization of Relay Sensor Networks for Railway Tracking
· To design a complete signal processing network for data transmission.
· Intensive coding techniques were utilized in MATLAB to build a signal processing network.
· In the process, I got to learn about various methods used to operate signals such as analogue signal processing, digital signal processing, encoding/decoding of the data, filters, ADC/DAC conversions etc.
· On completion of the circuit I learned about data transmission modes, sensor types, improvisation when necessary and in-depth coding using MATLAB.
· By the end, I was successfully able to design the network and produce the desired results.
Embedded Microprocessor – Green house system based on Bluetooth technology
· The project entailed building a circuit which could display temperature when accessed via Bluetooth.
· I was assigned the task of designing the schematic for EEPROM and program it by writing my own source code which helped me get familiar with EEPROM technology.
· The simulation of circuit was carried out by using Proteus and the code was tested.
· After the code was verified, the hardware implementation was carried out.
System Project – Parking lot sensor design and implementation
· We were engaged to make a circuit which could be used in a parking area to determine the amount of car spaces left.
· My task was to design the schematic and program it by writing my own source code.
· I was constantly in-contact with my fellow team members who carried out its practical implementation which improved my working in a group skill.
· This project helped me to improve my coding skills and to get familiar with MPLAB.
Self Employed, Private Tutor (Middle School). 2015 – 2016
Hired by student families to provide in-home academic tutoring, instructional support and homework assistance on weekdays and during summer breaks. Tutored in Mathematics, Sciences and English subject and guided students in test taking strategies and studying for exams which elevated student performance in all subjects by about 1 letter grade, increasing their overall percentage by 25%.
E-commerce, Drop shipping 2020 – Current
After completing my graduation, I started my own drop shipping business. In this business I managed to learn more about web designing and enhance my skills in HTML coding. I came up with my own marketing strategies. This has improved my time management and communication skills by dealing with customers and suppliers. Thinking outside of the box has led to a successful drop-shipping business with a conversion rate of 3%.
· Communication Skills – During my group projects, I had to communicate with each person differently and I had to maintain the attitude which kept us on track to obtain the required results. Instead of constantly asking my teammates for progress, I kept weekly meetings which improved our work efficiency. As a result, I successfully managed to complete my tasks which aided my team in completing the projects.
· Adaptability – I taught a group of students as an experience opportunity which involved dealing with the students. Every student has their own strengths and weaknesses. I had to adapt different attitude for every individual that I was dealing with to help them get better at studies. As a result, I effectively managed all my students which improved their grades and I also received positive feedback from their parents.
· Problem Solving – While working on parking lot sensor project, my team was facing problems in programming the source code. No one had any experience in assembly programming. Although my task was to do the hardware implementation, I reached out to my teammates and helped them code the program since I had dealt with assembly in high school. As a result, I helped them complete their task which gave me enough time to do hardware implementation and complete our project in time.
Reference – Available upon request.