About the Candidate
AMBITIOUS MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
A top-notch, ambitious, and talented Accounting professional, with a proven track record in producing and analysing financial reports. Experienced in providing quality and supporting financial information for further analysis. Equipped with a good understanding of accounting software as well as a strong focus on identifying cost-effective opportunities. Currently seeking a new & challenging position, which will make the best use of my existing skills and experience.
§ Proven ability to perform advanced accounting and mathematical calculations.
§ Competent in maintaining and producing accurate financial reports.
§ Strong reasoning skills and analytical abilities to help determine best practices.
§ Working within a fast-paced, high volume transactional environment.
§ Possesses strong attention to detail, accuracy and numeracy skills.
§ Versatile professional with excellent transferable skills and the ability to perform accounting functions in any environment.
ACCOUNTS MANAGER Jun 2019 – Present
James Lakeland Limited, London
§ Lead, manage, and monitor accounting functions.
§ Generate various analysis and financial reports for the management.
§ Create and monitor an effective internal audit system.
§ Design management tools that effectively monitor accounting processes.
§ Ensure reconciliation of bank accounts and other international transactions.
§ Manage payroll and HR records.
§ Ensure compliance of all accounting processes to that of the organisation’s goals.
FINANCE ASSISTANT May 2019 – Jun 2019
Strettons Private Limited, London
§ Spearheaded the development and implementation of systems and procedures that improved the communication between the property management and finance department.
§ Analysed and reported invoice reconciliations and company outlay monthly.
§ Managed all client accounts.
§ Monitored, controlled and maintained the financial activity of accounts.
§ Ensured expenditures were posted to proper accounts.
§ Performed clerical functions incidental to accounting activities.
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT Nov 2018 – Apr 2019
Purple Dragon Play Private Limited, London
§ Worked closely with HR to analyse payroll monthly to reduce errors reports and initiate corrective action.
§ Assisted with audits and fact checks.
§ Completed all bookkeeping tasks using Sage50.
§ Provided regular input on monthly management reports.
§ Communicated with clients and vendors to follow up on outstanding balances and resolve billing discrepancies.
§ Ensured all payment amounts & records are accurate.
§ Updated management team on in-house club restaurant and membership fees.
§ Provided support to the accounting department.
ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATE Apr 2018 – Aug 2018
Anderson Business Solutions Private Limited, Mumbai
§ Assisted with tax returns and audits.
§ Prepared financial reports and financial statements.
§ Developed working papers for UK clientele.
§ Interfaced with clients to generate data for year-end account reports.
0754 434 9566
London N2 8EG
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
§ Management Accounting
§ Financial Accounting
§ Financial Management
§ Profit & Loss
§ Bank Reconciliations
§ Cash Flow Management
§ Budgeting & Forecasting
§ Accounts Payable & Receivable
§ VAT and PAYE Returns
§ Relationship Management
§ Credit Control
§ Balance Sheet
§ Payroll Management
Ongoing | Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) – 12 papers exempted (Part-qualified ACA)
2020 | Diploma in Cryptocurrency
2020 | Complete Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin Trading
2019 | MSc Finance and Accounting
University of Westminster
2018 | Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
2017 | Bachelors of Commerce (B. COM)
University of Mumbai
2014 | HSC and SSC (A LEVELS and GCSE Equivalent)
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Higher Education
§ MS Office
§ Advanced Excel
§ Sage 50
§ Sage 50 Payroll
§ Sage 200
• Preparing quarterly management accounts and weekly sales analysis reports for the company.
• Conducting profitability analysis of the departments and preparing the monthly cash flow forecast.
• Finalising month-end and year-end accounts in accordance with FRS 102 standards and liaising with external auditors regarding business issues.
• Conducting monthly and yearly variance analysis of the overheads of the company and building the KPIs for the business.
• Liaising with Insurance brokers regarding insurance renewals terms, insurance claims and price negotiations.
• Recruiting, supervising and managing the finance interns from USA, EU & UK and providing them training on the accounts production for the company.
• Consulting the director regarding business solutions and cost savings.
• Leading the Accounts department and guiding the credit controller, finance admin and the finance interns.
• Liaising with the major customers of the business to ensure adequate credit collection and credit checks.
• Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns to HMRC.
• Preparation of payroll for the company and maintenance of HR records.
• Maintenance of internal controls and review of procedures to ensure efficiency.
• Preparing the weekly performance reports of the stores in order to present them to the director and other managers during the weekly meetings.
• Liaising with business banker regarding business risk assessments and mortgage covenants.
• Reconciliation of the bank and credit card control accounts in pounds, euros and dollars.
• Liaising with the branch managers across the UK and overseas suppliers to handle their queries.
• Preparing invoices to bill major customers after liaison from the overseas suppliers based in Italy and China.
• Analysing the invoices and the trend of expenses of the company from the previous years in order to prepare schedules for Accruals and Prepayments in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Setting and improving the internal controls at workplace to improve the communication process of the different property management departments with the finance department in order to have a better understanding of the operations and billing of sales contract.
• Liaising with both the internal and external stakeholders of the company such as the company directors and the suppliers in order to ascertain the expenses incurred by each individual department headed by the directors and the payment of outstanding invoices related to the services in property management.
• Recharging expenses to different cost centres and departments of the business in order to run a detailed monthly report on the expenses relating to the different departments of the company.
• Recording of transactions and invoices on SAGE 200 software system.
• Setting up bank payment for the suppliers and reimbursement and review of employee expenses to be paid.
• Managing the Purchase and the Sales ledger and allocating the payments accordingly.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting the financial controller in analyzing the KPIs for each month.
• Posting Supplier Invoices and coding them accordingly on Sage 50 for accounting the expenses of the business.
• Preparing Accruals and Prepayments schedules and reconciling them at the end of each month.
• Recording the crossover charges over the Holding company and it’s 2 subsidiaries.
• Communicating with the Suppliers via Emails to follow up on invoices and reconciliation of supplier balances.
• Importing financial data from Sage 50 to prepare monthly Management Accounts.
• Extracting sales and cash flow reports from company’s F&B software for the preparation of monthly KPIs.
• Reviewing whether the expenses are in line with the budget for the year and recording variances and providing explanations for the differences.
• Forecasting the monthly Incomes and Expenses for budget preparation for the year.
• Recording transactions on Sage 50 to update expenses incurred by the business.
• Reconciling the budget at the end of each month and providing explanations for the change and variances.
• Checking supplier statements for outstanding balances to be paid and liaising with the suppliers via formal Emails and calls.
• Reconciling the Payroll to determine the correct payment to the employees.
• Calculating weekly cash ups for the company in order to determine the business done by the In-house Club restaurant and membership fees.
• Reconciliation of bank statements and cash up sheets.
• Preparing consolidated monthly financial statements for the Holding Company and its subsidiaries.
• Preparing Year End Accounts of UK SMEs like UK restaurants, Media companies, Small business.
• Reconciliation of HMRC VAT Returns, Payroll and Bank statements.
• Preparing Main Schedules for Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals, Debtors, Creditors.
• Reviewing and sorting the information provided by the client in order to assist in the preparation of main financial schedules for the company.
• Application of the deferred tax on the fixed assets to determine the right amount for the deferred tax consideration.
• Preparing Working papers for the UK companies in Excel Worksheets.
• Extraction of financial reports and financial statements from accounting software like Sage, Xero, QuickBooks for preparation of working papers.
• Chasing and communicating with the client for any additional information or financial schedules in order for the preparation of year end accounts.
• Accounts preparation in accordance with FRS 102 standards.
• Preparing Final accounts on the basis of Bank Analysis/Client TB.
• Preparing Draft Final accounts, Tax computations and CT600 using CCH software.
• Assisting fellow accountants in Ad-hoc duties and checking of samples for audit purposes.