About the Candidate
San Antonio, TX Villarreal.Marina@gmail.com | Cell 210.563.6515
Accomplished professional with 17+ years of experience in fast paced and demanding financial environment. Strong analytical skills with focus on achieving deadlines and maintaining the highest quality output. Thrives in challenging environments by utilizing excellent communication, planning, analytical, team collaboration, and organizational skills. Able to manage high-profile tasks, achieve continuous professional growth, deliver positive results, and develop solutions with flexibility and adaptability.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Risk & Compliance | Real Estate Analysis | Loan Review | Data Trending | Real Estate Investor Relations | Financial Analysis | Internal Audits | Coaching and Training | Correspondent Banking | Document Validation Secondary Markets & Post-Purchases | Time Management | Legal & Statutory Research | Strategic Planning | Credit Underwriting | Portal
USAA Federal Savings Bank; San Antonio, TX 2004 — 2021
Real Estate Remediation Advisor -Risk and Compliance Group — February 2016–
• Review, manage, analyze and interpret mortgage portfolio characteristics to identify and monitor key risk factors, develop and communicate solutions and/or operational and analytic improvements while remaining in adherence with related policies, guidelines and processes.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and elevate mortgage risk concerns as necessary to ensure appropriate and accurate reporting was available to properly assess current and trended risk within the bank’s mortgage portfolio.
• Identify existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities as the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs.
• Partner with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
• Conduct loan re-underwriting, appraisal analysis, and loan document validation on complex repurchase demands and mortgage insurance rescissions.
• Develop recommendations and partnered with Counsel and Enterprise Compliance on legal and regulatory analysis to minimize real estate business impact.
• Recognized as the business subject matter expert to ensure documents, processes, and product initiatives were in alignment with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policies.
Support to Real Estate Forensic Operations
• Prepare and deliver loan files for audit to Investors, Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) and Mortgage Insurance companies.
• Perform detailed reviews of loans, appraisal analysis, loan document validation, reviewing loan files for completeness and accuracy, and analyzing all credit documents to ensure loan meets internal, investor and/or mortgage insurance requirements.
• Research moderate to complex repurchase demands and mortgage insurance rescissions in order to formulate a defense against repurchase claims.
• Evaluate the quality of bank loans to include completeness and accuracy of legal documentation, credit documents, property appraisals, underwriting decisions, and loans identified as having fraudulent activities and/or salability issues.
Senior Bank Fulfillment Specialist — October 2014– February 2016 and June 2011–
• Facilitated training for new and existing employees in a classroom environment and provided continued guidance, on-the-job training, and refresher courses for any applicable process improvements.
• Generated daily pipeline reports to properly forecast and manage the daily work load volumes and staffing needs to ensure the department had sufficient coverage and monitor the Service Level Objectives (SLO).
• Assisted assigned teams with achieving optimal productivity while often working under strenuous time constraints to fulfill complex work assignments in efforts to serve our members.
• Proactively identified and helped implement appropriate solutions for providing support to multiple fulfillment teams and being available to perform closing duties as needed for over flow and load balancing.
• Cultivated and maintained strong relationships with processing partners, Real Estate Remediation, and title companies to improve service to our customers and assure a smooth loan transaction.
• Researched and resolved complex Mortgage issues, handled escalations, verified accuracy of money wire requests and authorized final loan funding.
• Conducted monthly audits and defect analysis at random to ensure loan requests are in accordance and adherence with with prescribed policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations in order to monitor the quality and progression of each closer, while providing them with appropriate coaching a feedback.
• Assisted management with interviews and selecting new employees.
Senior Bank Quality Assurance Specialist — December 2013– October 2014
• Developed and enhanced the Management Operating Systems (MOS) Call Model and other operational procedures, methods and work systems.
• Facilitated National Call Calibrations for Real Estate Fulfillment Managers and Directors.
• Prepared Group Development Plan and Quality Assurance Audit Report for Fulfillment Managers and Directors.
• Worked with supporting MOS Business Advisor to maintain the MOS SharePoint Site and Tools.
Bank Fulfillment Specialist/First Mortgage Closer — August 2010– June 2011 and
May 2006– November 2007
• Work as a liaison between the member/borrower and title insurance companies a to close first mortgage and equity loans.
• Calculated and balanced accounting transactions for loan net proceeds and prepare and enter wires.
• Performed quality control of the documents relating to the processing/closing of the mortgage loan.
• Participate in initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process into production including software quality assurance testing to ensure that systems and or applications meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
• Selected as a Subject Matter Expert in efforts to lead and train newly hired closers.
Uninsured Motorist Subrogation/Recovery Collector, USAA Chief Financial Office —
schedules, based on customers’ financial situations.
Persuaded uninsured motorists and/or third party carriers to pay amounts due on property
damage and/or bodily injury claims.
Reviewed, analyzed, and ensured a steady cash flow of recovery dollars.
Communicated with insurance companies, law enforcement agencies, repair shops,
attorneys and claimants regarding seizures and/or liens and judgments.
Filed state driver license suspensions and examine assets for litigation referral and
prepared promissory notes/contracts/releases.
Maintained database of unit files and prepared recovery reports for Management.
November 2007– August 2010
• Individually recovered $1 million in profit for company to-date.
• Negotiated to settle with and arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment
Bank Sales Specialist — August 2004– May 2006
• Provide individual counseling to members seeking simple or complex mortgage and/or equity loans by obtaining information concerning their needs, desires and earnings, to assist them in determining the appropriate loan product or products for their specific situation.
Originate VA/Conventional First Mortgages on a national basis.
Review loans for initial approval and set expectations and conditions for final approval.
Participate in related business development activities.
Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, TX
Masters of Business Administration Accounting/Finance (May 2012) Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration General Business (Dec 2002)