About the Candidate
WEST CHESTER, PA 19380
Driving operational excellence, innovation, and cost optimization
Operational Excellence Executive, Six Sigma Black Belt and Certified Advanced Procurement Professional experienced in operations, supply chain, hospitality, and finance, leveraging TQM, Six Sigma, LEAN, and Kaizen. Agile project leader with experience in a broad scope of processes from supply chain to customer service. Known for mentoring teams through projects within timeline and under budget, mediating decisions, critical thinking, and expanding resource capacity to provide benefit to bottom-line results and customer satisfaction.
– Business / Process Improvement: Six Sigma, LEAN, Kaizen, and TQM, Cost Reduction and Revenue Creation, Project and Change Management
– Operations: Operational Analysis and Redesign, Productivity and Staffing Optimization, Staff Coaching, Mentoring, and Training
– Supply Chain: Business Development and Owner Relations, Program and Supplier Management, Contract Negotiation and Influencing
SELLYNOW, Philadelphia, PA 2021 – Present
SellyNow is an e-commerce marketplace that lets users buy, trade and sell new or used items. This innovative startup is currently in prelaunch phase.
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER 2021 – Present
– Assist CEO in formulating and executing effective growth strategies, plans and procedures.
– Provide leadership to department managers, communicate team goals, and set/manage expectations.
– Identify and evaluate tools as well as partners to support internal processes and efficiencies.
FREELANCE OPERATIONS CONSULTANT Philadelphia, PA 2020 – Present
Independent consultant that collaborates with executive-level management to optimize performance.
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT 2020 – Present
– In depth process analysis leveraging Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen tools.
– Opportunity identification and implementation of innovative solutions.
– Creation and launch of new or improved standard operating procedures.
HANA, New York, NY 2019 – 2020
Hana is a flexible workspace provider backed by expertise of CBRE, creating solutions to help lone professionals, high-growth teams, and enterprise companies thrive.
VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE ñ Global 2019 ñ 2020
Focused on development of Hana Operational Excellence program, including partnering with key functions in the broader CBRE infrastructure to create a scalable business model within Hana Operations.
– Set and managed quality service levels through SLA’s, Playbooks, and KPI’s.
– Developed and managed partnerships and vendors, supporting the Hana patron experience.
– Partnered with Hana Leadership, driving results that exceeded revenue and membership business goals 5%.
MANAGING DIRECTOR – Americas 2019
Headed unit level Operations and Sales for all US and Canada locations, as well as openings of first 2 locations in the US.
– Led initiatives to build the Hana playbook, supporting delivery of a consistent brand experience.
– Drove overall Operations and Sales performance through team development and $2M in deal negotiation.
– Identified, recommended, and implemented continuous process improvement, helping grow the Hana brand.
WEWORK, New York, NY 2017 – 2019
WeWork is a global network of workspaces where companies and people grow together. More than just the best place to work, this is a movement toward humanizing work.
HEAD OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE, US, Canada and Israel 2018 – 2019
Managed building operations including project management, facilities, and cleaning service. – Championed initiatives and tracked performance to optimize operations, reducing operating costs 10%. – Leveraged Lean Six Sigma, driving strategic improvements and innovative change throughout assigned region.
– Audited key business processes to identify, recommend, and implement continuous process improvement.
HEAD OF OPERATIONS, US / Canada East 2017 – 2018
Oversaw Building Operations and new building openings including oversight of Facilities, Security, Cleaning Services, and Technology.
– Managed resources to achieve operational expense goals for all departments.
– Authorized operational handover of new building openings, refining processes and reducing timeline 20%.
– Provided operational support for Community Management teams, enriching member experience.
STARWOOD HOTELS AND RESORTS WORLDWIDE, Stamford, CT 2001 – 2016
Global high-end hotel company with 11 distinct lifestyle brands, more than 1.3K properties worldwide in 100 countries, and 188K associates worldwide.
CORPORATE ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT 2012 – 2016
Created new Regional Services Supply Chain model, developing procedures, tools, and templates to launch program in 10 US and 2 Latin America markets.
– Launched new program to address $14M in contracts, achieving $1.5M (11%) in savings in first year.
– Contracted Mid-Atlantic market opportunities to address $4M in spend, realizing $600K (15%) in savings.
– Initiated Customer Service Desk, Newsletter launch, Balanced Scorecard process, suppliers evaluations, and commodity pricing monitoring.
– Expanded Franchise enrollment in Supply Chain Program, growing program participation by $1.5M annually.
DIRECTOR OF SIX SIGMA 2001 – 2012
Charged with generating cost savings, increasing revenue, and elevating customer satisfaction by developing and implementing best practices for hotel, divisional, regional, and corporate teams. Increased scope of responsibilities from 3 to 18 hotels, including mentoring 50+ Green Belts. Participated as team member for Lean Hotel Operations, facilitated and coached several Kaizen events.
– Minimized Guest Liability and Workers Compensation costs by devising best practices for prevention and management of guest and employee accidents, resulting in over $80M in savings during first 5 years.
– Standardized staffing models, improved productivity, and saved $35M in labor costs over 2 years by developing staffing analysis tool and hotel-specific recommendations.
– Grew profitability of Food and Beverage operations 15% by creating Menu Evaluation tool to balance cost, menu price, quality, and consistency.
– Bachelor of Arts (BA), Criminal Justice, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
– Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, The George Group / Starwood Hotels and Resorts
– Certified Advanced Procurement Professional (CAPP), Procurement Academy
– National Underwriter Award for Excellence in Workers Compensation Risk Management
– (Starwood Hotels and Resorts – Be Safe Six Sigma Initiative)