About the Candidate
I am a Brand Manager and Business Strategist with deep experience in marketing, branding, and business development focused on bringing vision and innovative ideas to market through dynamic teamwork and collaborations. I have helped launch over 100 new brands and learned directly from each of their failures and successes.
JUST CREATIONS | Louisville, KY | Board Member; Promotions&Communications Chair | Jan 2019-Jan 2022
My 3 year volunteer term was as a way to give my time and talent to local not-for-profit and remain part of the business community while being full-time parent. Before joining, marketing and communications were disconnected, lacking brand consistency and connection to ideal audience.
- Stopped a multi-year decline in revenue (2020) and showed 20% revenue gains over annual predictions (2021) by creating strategic budgets; a framework for messaging and communications; as well as regular check-points to evaluate and refine our execution.
- Drove implementation of first subscription service featuring high-demand and high-margin products (subscription as a product idea) from initial concept design; formal board pitch; and through collaborations with executive leadership and store staff to bring together a successful roll-out. Our initial program sold 100% capacity within 30 days.
- Developed Interactions Report to unify data from multiple platforms (web sales, social media, distributed email, foot traffic) into one dashboard to identify trends, allow data-driven decisions, and clearly connect efforts with strategic initiatives. This was a critical tool in connecting communications with results and revenues.
SUCCESS VENTURES | Louisville, KY | Founder and Contract Chief Marketing Officer | Jan 2009-Jan 2019
I started SuccessVentures to work intimately with clients; guide them through business transformation programs; and build brand equity, marketing, and business development systems. Clients all had under $2M revenue and engaged me in projects ranging from 6 weeks to 6 months.
- Directed a client to 300% annual revenue growth through a business transformation program focused on their financial analysis, market data analysis, product development, and sales presentation. The program helped them secure the largest contract in 20year history within the first month of introduction.
- Identified $20M in new business opportunities along with 3-5 year business plans that identified resource needs and revenue potential during Strategic Direction Workshops that I facilitated. Workshops involved full staff, key leaders, and Owners/CEO.
- Wrote and presented series of training workshops to develop owners’ strategic vision, add functional growth plans to current operations, and improve efficiency. Topics covered included: Finance and Budgets; Teams, Culture, and Leadership; Branding and Marketing; Innovation Roll-out; and Business Development.
- Designed program to reduce paper consumption by 20% annually (1 entire pallet) by demonstrating our commitment to “growing while reducing environmental footprint”. The program included simple steps our clients could take to reduce their own impact. Initial response was a 40% increase in partner loyalty (measured by client’s brands on their shelves).
- Ceased operations at the birth of our daughter to become a full-time dad.
MODERN SALON SERVICES | Remote | Territory Sales + Brand Manager | May 2005-Sep2012
MSS was a start-up distributor representing multiple start-up brands of naturally-derived beauty products across 10 midwest states. I was brought in for sales, but my successes came as a result of building engaging marketing systems and precise partner selection. The promotion to Brand Manager added responsibilities of team performance management and implementing systems across entire company.
- Executed initial go-to-market strategies and multiple product launches for several brands simultaneously. I personally secured over $1M in revenue with 1 new brand and directed 2 other markets to $1.5M (combined) in under 3 years.
- Developed and executed all aspects of self-funded event series featuring trainers across North America. The program started out as a single workshop that sold 120% capacity and created such an emotional connection with clients that it grew into 25 full days per year for 3 years. Orders typically jumped 30% with each individual participant, and nearly 60% when an entire salon participated.
- Launched and directed a professional, non-sales, peer-group to elevate the business skills and spirit of collaboration among salon owner members. Members reported improvements on all aspects of their operations and greater understanding of how to grow their business.
- Earned “Highest Percent Sales Growth” at 430% and maintained “Highest Client Retention Rate” at 92% for the next 6 years.
- Resigned to invest full attention to my own consulting practice.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE: B.S. Marketing + B.S. Business Administration/Management
Other Concentrations: Psychology, Philosophy, Sales, Leadership, Entrepreneurialism