Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a HR Business Systems Analyst your goal will be to help Cart.com grow by building and scaling our HR business systems, with a concentration on Workday.
- Work on complex problems affecting the business, analyze and evaluate current business methods and procedures for improvement.
- Design new methods and procedures (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company.
- Work with end-users to establish requirements for new or improved systems, or implementing new functionality.
- Create detailed, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for any and all customization and maintenance actions taken.
- Perform program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions and stipulated expected results; resolve any issues of functionality (i.e., debug program logic errors).
- To accomplish this, you will work with partners in our HR departments, Payroll and Finance. This will involve creating a road map and creating a project schedule, and delivery regular updates to team members.
- Troubleshoot HRIS configuration and reporting issues to identify and fix root causes
- Support system solution by maintaining organizations, setup data and security role assignments
- Advise on the proper use of solution functionality including previously enabled reports and other data analysis capabilities
- Design and implement new security configurations
- Support existing security configurations including providing routine security administration and troubleshooting security related issues
- Create custom reports to meet business needs where necessary
- Assist in the creation and review of mass updates to system database (including creating and uploaded EIB documents)
- Work with functional experts to produce formal configuration requirements documentation
- Configure HRIS solution to meet business needs, following standard software development lifecycle
- Analyze software releases to assess impact of new features
- Develop and execute unit and system integration test plans
- Assist with the definition of system processes and standards
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Lead small projects
- Works with assigned client group(s), such as HR and Payroll, to support business requirements, data gathering and analysis
- Creates User Requirements Specification documents
- Creates Functional Specification documents and Change Requests
- Provides input into project scope documents and project plans
- Supports the assessment and resolution of on-going production operations issues
- Works directly with team members to understand project concept, objectives and approach
- Assists in taking assigned project from original concept through final implementation
- Creates and supports the development and maintenance of project plans, tracks all phases of the project, providing timely reporting of uses, coordination actions and resolving conflicts
- Supports the assessment and resolution of any issues which occur, impacting the project deliverables. Ensures leadership team is aware of all active issues and their resolution plans
Business Analysis and Reporting
- Reviews, analyzes and creates detailed documentation of business processes and systems functionality, including workflow, program functions and steps required to execute systems transactions/processes
- Maintains reporting and communications tools for all assigned projects
- Analyzes HR activities and trends; compares to industry standards and best practices. Presents findings and makes recommendations to address improvement opportunities
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs
Q & A Testing
- Assists in defining, developing and executing test plans, in partnership with functional and technical project team members
- Ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according to required standards
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other relevant degree
- 1-3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst with increasing levels of responsibility
- In-depth experience with Workday (required)
- Extensive experience with Workday Core HCM Benefits
- Workday Business Process Design and Integrations experience
- Experience with Workday Absence, Advanced Compensation, or Learning is a plus
- Experience with the setup and architecture of Workday
- Positive customer-service-oriented attitude
- Previous roles in a high growth, tech environment desired
- Experience leading projects and interact at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with the ability to develop agreement