As the VP of Professional Services, you will be responsible for building and developing a team focused on the implementation of the Algolia Platform. Your team members will need to leverage their in-depth technical knowledge and expertise to coach prospects and existing customers on how to deploy Algolia effectively within their unique environment. This position will play an integral role in acting as a technical liaison to Algolia Product Management and Development teams to aid in future development impactful initiatives for our customers.
** Open to VP level and Sr. Director level candidates. Level will be determined throughout the interview process.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Manage and coordinate delivery of billable professional services to foster proper Algolia implementations and workflow development.
- Identify and implement high value service packages for customers and new prospects based on feedback provided during Algolia selling cycles.
- Provide strong mentorship for the team to effectively communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with customers assisting and guiding them through the technical implementation of Algolia in pre and post sales conversations.
- Engage customers to extract critical technical and business drivers that may position Company Deliverables.
- Be responsive to customer demands and mitigate objections or product deficiencies.
- Develop and execute partner enablement plans which include onsite training, working sessions, and Q&A.
- Track Solution Architect’s product skills and establish improvement plans to ensure technical proficiency with Algolia.
- Remain up-to-date on Algolia solutions and products and maintain familiarity and adherence to all Company methods and procedures.
- Mentor team members through observation of their work and work with the enablement team to develop learning plans to improve their abilities, skills and knowledge of the Algolia platform, implementation strategies, and client facing skills.
- Design and refine organizational structure to support field goals
- Proven track record of operational excellence (KPIs, productivity tracking, process improvement, etc.)
- Strong technical capabilities and the ability to engage in strategic discussions with customers and partners
- Responsible for collaborating with senior leaders, technology and business subject matter experts and partners; and to assess feasibility, determine costs versus benefits, prioritize projects and develop and implement systems plans
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience in a customer facing role including technical support, presales, or consulting.
- Ability to lead and develop a technical team focused on driving product implementation.
- Detail oriented, relationship building skills, and a focus on a high level of customer service
- Proven experience supporting the sale of SaaS solutions and applications.
- Understanding of different database and network security protocols
- Troubleshooting techniques for parsing and dissecting log files.
- Ability to facilitate effective collaborative team meetings and experience managing a dispersed team
- Proven collaborator and liaison across all levels and departments in a high-tech company.
- Exceptional ability to listen, assess and document information from clients.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on participating in the sales process.
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP services.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY – Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you, and 90% for your dependents
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Employee Referral Program
- Company-sponsored Learning & Development opportunities
- Weekly Zoom workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Weekly Zoom meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Days through 2021