We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love building things, and enjoy scaling an organization for massive success. You inspire, serve, mentor, and organize. You have been working in software or gaming products for years, and it would be a dream for you to use your talent and experience to work on chess and build Chess.com to scale. You want to work for a mission-driven company full of warm, funny, brilliant, diverse humans.
What You’ll Do
- Above all, build a product organization at scale that can deliver our mission to delight our members and grow the game of chess, while building products that monetize so we can fuel our mission
- Support and cultivate our amazing product and project managers
- Help our team focus on the right product-driven KPIs, with the support of Product and Business Analysts, to meet our product goals
- See the world through the eyes of our customers as you obsess over small product details, yet never lose the bigger picture
- Drive innovation and be a critical and vocal influence on product roadmap decisions
- Communicate cross-organizationally with other teams to keep a pulse on the global chess community and their response to our products
- Partner with Engineering to manage the delivery of features across web, iOS, and Android
- Work closely with our product leadership and CEO to plan and execute the product roadmap
- 7+ years of product ownership at a tech or gaming company that has reached scale
- 3+ years of product leadership managing an org of more than 10 people
- Understanding of chess and current chess products and features on the market
- Deep experience with intuitive product leadership and a guidance through KPIs and metrics
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- This is open to applicants who can legally work in the US or Canada