We are seeking a product-oriented and results-driven VP, Product Partnerships and Content to spearhead our strategic partnerships efforts (including content & content licensing, social media and other types of data, and software integrations). As a key member of the leadership team, you will be instrumental in driving our product strategy and execution by uncovering high potential partnerships and driving them from idea through execution.In this role, you will be responsible for deeply understanding our business strategy and product roadmap, expanding how we leverage existing and new product partnerships to drive towards key business outcomes, and enhancing the Muck Rack experience for our clients through needle-moving external relationships.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who excels at exploring, identifying and cultivating relationships with potential partners, possesses the analytical skills necessary to understand the economics of each opportunity, and has the ability to align cross-functional teams towards shared objectives. This high-visibility role will entail working closely with our product, sales, legal, operations, and marketing teams as we build out relationships with key strategic partners to develop new product features, streamline user experiences, and ensure we can continue to stay ahead of market trends.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with Product leadership to influence the product roadmap when opportunities and partnerships present themselves, to achieve Muck Rack’s strategic goals.
- Develop and own Muck Rack’s centralized product partnerships strategy.
- Manage and grow existing partnerships, while identifying and developing new partnership opportunities to strengthen Muck Rack’s industry leadership and generate new business prospects.
- Ensure the success of partnerships by establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and growth targets for measuring success.
- Negotiate contract amendments and renewals as partnerships evolve, aligning with evolving business priorities for both Muck Rack and our partners.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Business Development, Partnerships, and/or Product Management; a strong product background is required.
- Proven experience closing and managing product partnerships for B2B SaaS platforms.
- Exceptional communication skills, structured thinking, organizational proficiency, and adept project management abilities.
- Demonstrated drive to execute with agility and efficacy.
- Experience in defining user-friendly product experiences in collaboration with product and technical teams.
- A strong collaborator who can foster relationships internally across the organization and externally with partners to drive towards outcomes.
- Strong negotiation skills, emphasizing the creation of value for internal stakeholders, customers and partners.
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Take-home assignment (2-3 hours max)
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $200,000 and 225,000, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary, an annual bonus plan, and equity. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standard