We are looking for a VP of People who has experience across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including People Operations, Employee Relations, Talent & Development, Total Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Acquisition to drive business outcomes that help elevate the business.This position will be responsible for driving a high performance culture, employee engagement, recruiting across the business, operational scalability, and leading a world-class People organization. You will bring a track record of clear and unequivocal success in scaling startups, hiring top talent, earning the trust of employees and leaders alike, holding leaders accountable to People goals, and being a cultural steward.
You will be a key member of the executive team, reporting to and partnering closely with the CFO to help drive the company’s strategy and growth.
Who You Are
- 12+ years of experience in People & Human Resources, with experience in a high-growth, innovative tech company, preferably that has experienced rapid and large-scale growth
- Create, implement, and improve best-in-class employee engagement, performance management, career development, succession planning, retention, and onboarding processes that have operational stability.
- Success serving as a key member of a senior leadership team in providing input to the CEO & CFO, Executive team and Board regarding the People implications of all major business decisions and objectives
- Highly analytical and metrics-driven with a strong breadth of skills across DEIB, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Total Rewards, Organizational Design and Employee Relations
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Effective and persuasive in leading change across multiple groups, driving alignment, applying business acumen, company values and emotional intelligence that inspires others
- Embraces and demonstrates a true growth mindset in their own, ongoing personal development as well as in how they develop and evaluate the potential of others
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- You inspire your teams. They want to work for and learn from you. You are excited to mentor leaders and manage high-performing teams
- Public company experience and/or leading a company through public company readiness is a significant plus
How You WIll Make An Impact
- Lead the People Function inclusive of the Talent Acquisition and People Operations teams
- Serve as a key thought partner for the company, including partnering with our CEO and Executive Leadership Team to advise on People strategy and everyday people management
- Strategic, innovative thinker who champions a direct feedback culture – asks hard questions, pushes the current thinking, and drives change
- Serve as a strong business partner to the executive team by providing thought leadership and transparent input; supporting the leadership team at large in achieving hiring and performance goals; steering and representing a high performance culture and the values of the company
- Drive a strong vision and implementation plan for continued organizational development to ensure people policies, processes, and systems are in place that serve the business
- Lead highly scalable people processes through the employee lifecycle, including overseeing and leading the bi-annual performance and compensation review process; lead the bi-annual engagement survey and action planning process while achieving ambitious engagement goals
- Lead the People Operations & Talent Acquisition team that can successfully scale with the business as it grows to 250 employees by the end of 2023.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is: $207,000.00 – $310.000.00