As the Vice President of International Growth, you are the founding executive responsible for defining Upwork’s international market expansion strategy and product direction. Your mission is to unlock Upwork’s Serviceable Available Market (SAM) to accelerate revenue and customer growth internationally, by leveraging Upwork’s talent ecosystem and brand.
- Determine international market prioritization and quantify the size of the opportunity for the next 12-month and 18 to 36-month horizon.
- Lead Business Operations, Product, Sales & Marketing, and Customer Service functions through all phases of strategy development, operational planning and execution.
- Provide rationalization framework upon assessments of product market fit and competitive landscape evaluations and other macro factors.
- Align with the executive leadership team on the expected contribution of International towards Upwork’s long-term financial target.
- Ensure financial expectation is appropriately grounded on the level of maturity and predictability of the international business.
- Translate financial targets into operating plans.
- Drive business performance for International, including regional level business performance oversight, as well as management of operational levers such as Visitor Traffic, Conversion Rate, Acquisition, ARPU, and Retention Rate.
What it takes to catch our eye
- 10 to 15+ years of relevant leadership experience in international business operations / product management roles.
- Hands-on experience in leading early-stage international market entrance required including building operational plans and leading execution to deliver against ambitious target,
- Ability to work across the org, build strong relationships and influence executive leadership (all the way up to the CEO / Board level)
- Track record of delivering measurable results and leading high-performing teams.
- Strong understanding of two-sided marketplace dynamics and future of work trends.
- Comfortable with driving clarity through navigating ambiguity.
- Build and scale up the team and inspire agility among team members by instilling trust and celebrating wins & failures.
- Master leadership within a highly-matrix organization to foster strong cross-functional support.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $267,000 – $439,000