Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer at Aiven, the Global VP Hyperscaler Alliances and Partnerships will own the indirect go-to-market strategy for all partner programs, operations, and sales revenue for North America, EMEA and APAC.
This leader is responsible for the development and execution of programs to grow the value and contribution of the partner ecosystem across all routes to market.
Leading the partnership team globally, they will collaborate with the sales, marketing, and partner training/enablement teams to build a fully integrated partner strategy and ecosystem.
This is a high impact, executive-level role, which carries a sales management quota and will play an integral role in the overall success of Aiven.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the overall Global partner and alliance strategy for Aiven.
- Create and execute long-term and annual execution plans to reach the full potential of growth with our partners.
- Develop and implement a robust business planning process and operational cadence across all partnerships, which closely aligns to Aiven’s geographic and market segments, and growth areas.
- Foster executive relationships at partner organizations at all levels to drive success.
- Scale and lead a global partnerships team.
- Introduce and share best practices across the partnership teams, globally.
- Build a metrics-driven organization through reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels, to provide actionable insight on performance and growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the field leadership teams to deliver repeatable partnerships that add value to our customers.
- Identify incremental customer opportunities and assist in current sales pursuits where directed by the customer or sales teams.
- Partner closely with departments across Aiven, including the Sales, Finance, Solution Architecture, Partner Marketing, and Product organizations.
What We’re Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- 10+ years in a senior leadership role, running alliances and partnerships (SI’s) in the data tech space
- Proven experience leading and scaling a global partner organization
- Previous experience building partnerships with the hyperscalers, including AWS, Google, and Microsoft, in the data space
- Deep understanding of IaaS / SaaS / PaaS and the value drivers in usage-based revenue business models
- Experience selling complex, technical products
- Passionate about Aiven’s values of Openness, Ownership and Courage
If you ask us what is the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyper scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open-source projects that you find meaningful outside of work – and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open-source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Join one of our team member resource groups – empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered – benefit from our: Comprehensive health insurance options including dental and vision benefits and Life and AD&D insurance.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide you with a health savings account with Aiven contributions, as well as short- and long-term disability plans that protect you if you’re unable to work.
- Looking after your future: you’re covered by 401(k) and roth 401(k) retirement plans.