As our VP of Finance, you are an experienced, analytical and passionate leader who is excited to build our Finance function. As part of the executive leadership team, you will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, having the opportunity to shape FOLX’s growth.
FOLX Health exists to be the leading health and wellness platform for LGBTQIA+ care, providing end to end services, both virtually and in person, across the spectrum of community needs. We are the north star for innovation in the broader ecosystem by creating joyful, affirming healthcare on one’s own terms and building community and access around those needs.
Reliability: We show up for our members and each other in service of our mission.
Transparency: We build trust by openly sharing our goals and progress.
Access: We invest in our team by providing the tools and training needed to achieve individual goals.
Agency: We trust our team to get their jobs done.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior leadership to develop, test and evolve key business strategies, including long range financial and capital planning, M&A, pricing, cost/contract management, forecasting & model development
- Partner with CEO & COO to set short- and long-term strategy that drives profitable revenue growth
- Support capital raise process and investor management including monthly and/or quarterly reporting to investors
- Establish and manage financial KPIs and an effective oversight process to enable rapid business decisions while mitigating risk
- Lead the financial forecast planning cycles (monthly, quarterly, annually) for the BOD, leadership & functional units, including consolidation into overall plans
- Build and manage best-in-class finance team to support planning, contract and expense management, tax and audit filings as well as accountability and visibility across the company
- Analyze financial performance, constantly searching for opportunities to increase revenue and profitability
- Prepare and deliver financial presentations and QBRs to a variety of stakeholders, including leadership, team and board members
- Work closely with external and internal Legal support on contracts, compliance and risk management
- Work closely with HR to facilitate headcount planning as well as to introduce policies and procedures to ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations
- Work as an effective member of the Finance Leadership team to drive the Company’s financial goals forward and deliver upon promises to the Board of Directors
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability, innovative thinking and process improvement day to day
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of progressive experience within finance teams, with at least 5 years operating in a senior leadership role
- Industry experience should include direct-to-consumer, healthcare, technology startup (agile environment/fast-paced), or industry disruptors’/innovator, and an appreciation for each experience
- A strong, strategic, and analytical mindset coupled with intellectual energy
- Desire and experience managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience building & leading a financial operations team
- Experience in innovating within a fast-paced organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related area required (years of relevant experience may be substituted); Master’s or MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (active or inactive)
Salary: $180,000 – $190,000