We seek to hire an experienced leader to build and grow our Customer Enablement team, whose charter is to build a superior customer onboarding experience. This global role is for builders and creative problem solvers who work unselfishly across Flexport organizations to serve our customers. Part of the Customer Solutions and Engineering organization, the Customer Enablement team’s mission is to revolutionize how we attract and onboard new customers!
This position is responsible for three functions: pre-sales technical and logistics subject matter support to account teams, leading customer onboarding projects, and leading the Planning and Operations team. You will have broad authority to design and change these functions.
As a leader of these functions, you aim to create a best-in-class customer onboarding experience. You will play a central role in defining this new team’s role in sales activities and for onboarding simplification. Your operational, strategic, and project management expertise will enable scale, speed, and repeatability in all aspects of onboarding.
We seek a leader who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to lead your team through it with clarity and confidence. The ideal candidate should have experience navigating complex challenges and adapting to changing priorities while keeping their team focused.
- Build a team that partners with Sales and Marketing teams to create technical sales activities that help customers understand our technology and how Flexport drives innovation and transformation in their companies.
- Work with stakeholders across Flexport to define onboarding project methodologies and implement process improvements to quickly and fully operationalize customer requirements. Your project leaders will track activities, manage risks and issues to resolution, and apply lessons learned to create scalable solutions that help us onboard customers faster.
- Set Customer Solutions and Engineering’s business cadence. Generate insights from key metrics and performance data; identify key business drivers; prioritize issues to be solved for yourself, your team, and Flexport. Lead process improvement initiatives, lead our annual planning activities and assist in selecting and rationalizing our software tools.
- Manage a team of program managers; be a mentor for and coach other managers across Flexport to help develop the best talent in the organization.
- Quickly become an expert for the topics you own; become a thought leader for Flexport in one or more areas of expertise; guide the Flexport leadership team in making decisions.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience leading global teams in an Operational, Technical, or Sales role.
- At least 8 years of people management experience through the entire employee lifecycle of hiring, developing, and performance management across various disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Operational and Technical teams in a support function that drives overall organizational success.
- Understanding the sales process through operational management or direct involvement in sales activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) across a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience leading large customer-facing initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in process improvement and designing mechanisms in a scalable manner. Designing metrics and reporting systems to assess performance and proactively address challenges.
- Desired technical exposure: Salesforce, Smartsheets/Asana, similar project management tools, Tableau, or similar reporting tools.