We are looking for a designer who has a balance of great visual design coupled with the ability for storytelling in different formats. As a visual designer at Slack, you will partner with our senior designers to adapt and execute designs in different formats, for internal presentations, product demos, market launches, and much more.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a nice hello, plus links to your work and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs, and prototypes.
- Creating presentation decks for executives.
- Putting UI Mockups, UI Click-through demos, and GIFs or Simple Animated Screens together.
- Leveraging Slack’s Figma design libraries, and creating new interfaces that don’t necessarily yet exist within our Slack design system.
- Help to formulate our internal visual design strategy, and ensure visual design excellence.
- Partnering with design directors and product designers.
- Defining and strategizing ways on making the storytelling and demoing process better: from creation and optimization of templates, optimization of Figma libraries, utilization of tools to deliver richer narratives.
- Executing layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity, and mastery.
What you should have:
- 2+ years professional experience as a visual designer.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, illustration, and visual design.
- Expertise in Figma, image editing software such as Photoshop, Powerpoint, and Keynote.
- Basic understanding of motion and animation software such as After Effects or Keynote’s animation capabilities.
- Basic understanding of desktop and mobile applications and image requirements.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Bonus: Portfolio, demo or reel of motion design work being applied to product or web design.