Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
As the Vice President of Product, you will lead the charge in building a world-class product. It’s incredibly important that our students trust Udacity, and as such, we hold ourselves to an incredibly high standard. We aim to delight, and in this role, you will define the long term vision and roadmap to ensure we continue to do just that. You will be responsible for building the product that delivers step-change innovation for the economic buyers, learners, and program managers of global organizations.
The ideal candidate will be driven to build and scale new products and services and able to lead with a hands-on approach.
Nice To Have
- Experience with an ed tech organization
- Experience working on a product that transitioned from one business line to another
- Experience working on a product that grows bottom-up, with motions including some of account consolidation, seat expansion, feature upsells, and self-service
- 7+ years of professional experience, with 5+ years experience leading product teams
- Experience in working for a SaaS company
- Experience working on a product that sells to individuals, teams, and businesses
- Product Philosophy: believes in the value of building incredible user experiences
- Influencer: leads others through influence
- Coach: holds self and peers accountable for excellence
- Strong Communicator: distills complexity into clear and concise messaging
- Leader: recruits, manages, and develops high-performing teams
- Data-driven: defines, measures, and manages metrics
- Empathetic: understands customer behavior and develops targeted strategies
- Strategic: runs balanced strategies with both short and long-term investments
- Passionate: articulates a genuine passion for the X company mission
Location: While this is a remote role, Mountain View, CA is preferred and applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States of America on a full-time basis
Compensation: The maximum base pay for this position is $255,000, depending on experience and location. This role is also eligible for a discretionary bonus, participation in Udacity’s equity plan, generous benefits, and $4k per year for external learning and development.