As a member of the executive team, you will meet in-person at our Oakland, CA Headquarters. As a remote-first company, you will lead a team with members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones.
What the Role Is
You will lead and develop the People team as an experienced, collaborative, and hands-on member of the Executive Team. You will oversee the Talent Acquisition and People Operations teams and own all DEIB initiatives to ensure Babylist’s core people objectives and business strategy are realized. This position will be responsible for driving a high performance culture, employee engagement, recruiting across the business, operational scalability, and leading a world-class People organization. You will bring a track record of clear and unequivocal success in scaling startups, running an operationally excellent recruiting function, earning the trust of employees and leaders alike, holding leaders accountable to People goals, and being a cultural steward.
You will be a key member of the executive team, reporting to and partnering closely with the CEO, Natalie Gordon, to help drive the company’s strategy and growth.
How You Will Make An impact
- Serve as a strong business partner to the executive team by providing thought leadership and transparent input; supporting the leadership team at large in achieving hiring and performance goals; steering and representing a high performance culture and the values of the company
- Drive a strong vision and implementation plan for continued organizational development to ensure people policies, processes, and systems are in place that serve the business
- Lead highly scalable people processes through the employee lifecycle, including overseeing and leading the bi-annual performance and compensation review process; lead the bi-annual engagement survey and action planning process while achieving ambitious engagement goals; hiring, headcount prioritization, and interview processes while achieving DEIB and hiring targets
- Lead a People & Talent Acquisition team of 13 that can successfully scale with the business as it grows from 175 employees to 250 by the end of 2023.
- Evolve a recruiting strategy and operation that attracts world-class talent in a rapidly changing talent landscape with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of experience in People, with experience in a high-growth, innovative tech company, preferably that has experienced rapid and large-scale growth
- Public company experience and/or leading a company through public company readiness is a significant plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement systems, tools, and processes to increase business clarity
- Success serving as a key member of a senior leadership team in providing input to the CEO, Executive team and Board regarding the People implications of all major business decisions and objectives
- Highly analytical and metrics-driven with a strong breadth of skills across DEIB, Recruiting, Learning and Development, Total Rewards, Organizational Design and Employee Relations.
- Strategic, innovative thinker who champions a direct feedback culture – asks hard questions, pushes the current thinking, and drives change.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Effective and persuasive in leading change across multiple groups, driving alignment, applying business acumen, company values and emotional intelligence that inspires others.
- Embraces and demonstrates a true growth mindset in their own, ongoing personal development as well as in how they develop and evaluate the potential of others.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- You inspire your teams. They want to work for and learn from you. You are excited to mentor leaders and manage high-performing teams.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and we invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning