We are seeking a VP Marketing to lead our small but dynamic marketing team with a primary focus on demand generation. As a high-impact role reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for driving our entire marketing strategy, with a strong emphasis on messaging, content, communications, events, and demand generation.
In this key leadership position, you will collaborate closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success teams to craft and execute a winning marketing strategy that aligns with our revenue and customer growth objectives.
- Own all marketing KPIs and provide regular performance reports to leadership and the board.
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning of company OKRs, aligning the marketing team’s strategy with these goals.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive hiring plan to build a world-class marketing team.
- Foster the training, development, and retention of marketing team members.
- Manage and forecast the department budget and resource requirements effectively.
- Develop compelling messaging targeting our desired jobs-to-be-done, personas, and markets, and oversee its implementation across marketing and sales efforts.
- Lead robust Go-to-Market (GTM) plans for new product and feature launches.
- Spearhead the creation of impactful marketing content, including webinars, case studies, blog posts, white papers, and videos.
- Devise and oversee the execution of demand generation strategies to achieve targets for qualified leads and pipeline growth.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to develop aligned Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategies, driving enterprise revenue.
- Optimize our demand generation engine to enhance self-service revenue, working closely with Growth, Product and Customer Success.
- Provide final approval on brand and marketing design, ensuring alignment with our brand guidelines, values, and business goals.
We are ideally looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, with a strong background in demand generation and product marketing.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast growing startup environment
- A successful track record in recruiting, hiring, and developing top-tier marketing teams.
- Prior success setting and hitting pipeline targets consistently through effective demand generation strategies.
- Prior experience in marketing to B2B enterprise companies.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with a culture built on transparency and directness.
- Bonus points for experience in marketing API, open source, or developer-focused products.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our company’s growth trajectory. If you are a strategic and results-oriented marketing leader with a passion for demand generation, we invite you to join our team and help shape the future of our organization.
$250k+ For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies.