We’re Cart.com, one of the fastest growing commerce enablement companies in the world. We provide the digital and physical infrastructure that empowers thousands of leading B2B and B2C companies to unify commerce operations across channels and sell and fulfil anywhere their customers are.
We’re building toward a world where commerce has no bounds. Our enterprise-grade software, services and logistics infrastructure, including our own network of omnichannel fulfillment and distribution centers, enable merchants to navigate an increasingly complex operating landscape and drive efficient growth.
Our goal is to be the global backbone of commerce. To achieve it, we’re looking for entrepreneurial, innovative and determined teammates who are eager to help our growing base of customers simplify their commerce operations and seamlessly reach their own customers, wherever they are. Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Cart.com Fast Facts:
- 6,000+ customers worldwide
- 1,600+ employees globally
- 14 warehouses nationwide, totaling over 8 million square feet of space
- Our software lists $10+ trillion in product value across channels
- Our digital and physical operations support $8+ billion in Gross Merchandise Value
Cart.com is building a company that is committed to living out these 6 core values:
- Be brand obsessed: Our lives are shaped by the brands we interact with daily. We obsess over the brands we serve, and about the things they care about.
- Think beyond the box: “We’ve always done it that way” is not a phrase uttered often at our office. We create creative solutions to complex problems.
- Don’t give up: We learn from our challenges and see them for what they are; great building blocks to an amazing brand story.
- Speak up: We communicate clearly and directly because we care deeply. Communication is the bedrock of our community.
- Work together: We’ve built a team that prides itself on diversity of thought and background. Collaboration is better with contrast.
- Remember to be human: We work hard, but we leave room for the people, places and things that we love.
Cart.com is looking for a dynamic individual to join the organization as the Vice President of Fulfillment Operations. This exciting role will involve growing Cart.com’s third party Fulfillment-as-a-Service business and maintaining the operations at our existing 14 Fulfillment Centers across the United States.
This individual will be responsible for building, developing, and managing an organization of Regional Directors, General Managers, Operations Managers, Supervisors and Associates spread across distribution centers throughout the United States. The Vice President, Fulfillment Operations will drive the strategic and operational processes of the distribution centers and will provide hands-on leadership and direction of all functions of a multi-time zone distribution center operation including warehouse, pick/pack/ship, and logistics management. To be successful in this role, one must build, maintain, and continuously improve an infrastructure that includes inventory control, warehouse, and logistics to ensure customer satisfaction and positive profit margins.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct the course of operations and coordinate operations functions and processes aligned with business goals
- Plan and execute strategic growth initiatives across the organization
- Monitor daily performance of all operations and management by taking action to maintain operational compliance with all company policies, procedures, and cost control objectives
- Manage and drive improvements to the P&L
- Establish KPIs and metrics to track and report on performance of processes and transform data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Assist in the designing and implementation of warehouse processes, configuration, mechanization, and automation to create an effective and efficient fulfillment operation
- Assist in the implementation and deployment of Order Management System and Warehouse Management System across all facilities
- Partner with leadership in Customer Experience and Sales to drive performance and customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with government and other regulatory agency laws and guidelines as well as company programs. Implement programs to ensure overall safety, security, maintenance, and ergonomics for the operations functions
- Hire, train, and develop high performance teams and assist in development and implementation of performance management processes, along with individual/team recognition for strong performance and timely intervention on all performance/behavioral concerns
- Work cross-functionally with the other teams in the organization
- Create a positive, accountable, and dynamic work environment by personal engagement and coaching throughout all levels of the organization
- Create and maintain an environment that leverages outside-the-box thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset that challenges the status quo
Who You Are:
- In-depth knowledge of e-commerce and fulfillment operations including experience with high transaction operations and excellent skill in areas of supply chain, logistics, and inventory management with an emphasis on customer service
- Experience in a fast-pace, high-volume, unit pick fulfillment distribution center environment. Multi-site experience is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and Order Management Systems
- Experience in managing and leading large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and / or Six Sigma
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, set and achieve challenging goals, work under the pressure of deadline, and be adept at managing multiple tasks
- Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Exceptional hands-on problem-solving skills and decision-making ability in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at an executive level
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of business financial management (budgets, profit, and loss, forecasting/planning) and has experience with P&L responsibility
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as required
What You’ve Done:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Logistics, or related field
- Minimum 7 years of leadership experience, preferably at Director Level or equivalent, 3 of which must be in a multi-channel order fulfillment business environment
- Management of a distribution facility with over 100+ full-time associates, while managing a headcount that doubles/triples with additional temporaries during the peak season
Nice to Haves:
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Experience implementing new Distribution Centers.