About the opportunity
Our small but skilled content team creates content intended to make buying a home as simple and seamless as any other online purchase. As a team, we create content for everything from our website and email marketing to press releases and training materials. This particular role will focus on creating and editing the microcopy that appears in our web app as well as the agent and homebuyer dashboards.
The perfect candidate is a problem solver who is passionate about plain language, digital behavior, and customer experience. You’re a learn-it-all — not a know-it-all — who will regularly consult our frontline employees and operations teams to identify opportunities to improve our user experience.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Build confidence and trust with homebuyers throughout the onboarding process.
- Write clear and concise copy that guides users through the Homeward approval experience; underwriting process, getting a mortgage quote, requesting an offer, creating contracts, and closing on a home.
- Apply our content strategy from the earliest stages of product development to the product release.
- Enforce editorial consistency throughout the user journey.
- Help agents who use our solutions feel empowered to guide their clients through the homebuying experience.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, researchers, product managers, marketing and sales team members, and subject matter experts.
- Connect our business goals with our user’s needs.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of UX writing experience or excellent general writing and editing skills plus participation in a UXW course. UX writing is a relatively new field, so few people have deep on-the-job experience. If you’re a great writer and feel like your skills are transferable to UX writing, please apply.
- A basic understanding of content strategy and UX research.
- A commitment to cross-functional collaboration.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep empathy for our customers and partner agents.
- A portfolio of UX writing samples. Please provide a pdf, Loom video, or something similar that showcases 3 to 5 UX writing projects. Bonus points for including a before and after of each. Don’t just show us what you did, explain how and why you did it. (Student projects and spec work are acceptable, so include them if they’re the best examples of your work.)