As a User Experience Researcher at Wing, you’ll be able to identify and tackle difficult problems. Utilizing your research experience, you’ll provide data/user driven insights to inform medium to large-sized tasks and projects. With a constant focus on user needs, you’ll support team members with identifying and defining goals and requirements alongside cross functional stakeholders. You’ll provide guidance on web and native experiences, feature sets, navigation systems, interactive prototypes and MVPs at different stages of the product development cycle. Diving deep into various projects to identify research needs and perform independent studies to present back to the team will be second nature. Conducting quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods while giving actionable recommendations on improvements/enhancements to the UX will be key. Based on your proven instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing landscape of a project, your approach to your work will exhibit an authentic sense of empathy for the user.
The UX Researcher ensures that product design and product decisions are also supported to maximize user and business outcomes; e.g., we are doing the right things to “move the needle” on the outcomes that matter most.
Wing’s UX Researcher will join our UX team to collaborate with designers, product, engineering and leadership to help create and deliver compelling, usable and accessible experiences based on insights derived from various testing methods and data. Wing’s unmanned aerial delivery platforms have multiple stakeholders and “users,” but ultimately we’re all about delivering goods to consumers.
We’re hiring an experienced researcher to focus on critical user/consumer-facing journeys, optimizations of the consumer/users experience, and analysis of consumer behavior. The ideal candidate has a qualitative and quantitative research background and a record of delivering insights that create positive impact within your product verticals. The role requires a passion for making customers happy, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices for measuring, growing and optimizing critical user journeys, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to research a range of products in the drone delivery and UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management) space.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent user needs through delivering engaging and clear insights, and actionable recommendations to the team, filing bugs, and following up on solving critical user journeys.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through contextual inquiries, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, etc.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Apply a mix of qualitative (e.g., interviews, diary studies) and quantitative (e.g., large-scale surveys, insights from product data) methods to analyze user or product data and distill this into written and visual reports (e.g., slide decks, storytelling, etc.).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Lead and conduct research to strategize across the teams, ranging from identifying opportunities to bring new features (i.e. foundational), developing new products, and evaluating post-launch to ensure that utility and delight is offered to users (i.e. evaluative).
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS+ degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Psychology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of work experience.
- Experience in an applied research setting, including experience integrating user research into product designs and strategy.
- Experience conducting user research to measure products’ user experience and interaction.
- Experience conducting mixed methods research, with an understanding of triangulation between qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Product sense and focus on understanding enterprise consumer product/market landscape.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating research results in a clear, concise, and compelling way through written reports and presentation.
- Passion or interest in drones and aviation is a plus.
- Experience launching products or processes internationally.