OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
Our team is endlessly curious about people, and their behavior, and we’re looking to support that curiosity with a like-minded UX Researcher. We’re hoping you have an analytical mind that gives you the ability to organize our research and uncover patterns in our users’ behavior along the way.
We are always searching for meaning in our studies, interviews, and data and are looking for someone to help us scale these efforts in a way that can be utilized by our entire organization. Additionally, we are in the process of growing our product insights practice, so you will have the opportunity to help define what user research looks like at CloudBees.
There are definitely going to be a lot of opportunities to share your knowledge with team members, cross-functional teams, leadership and the company as a whole, so we are hoping you’re comfortable with a crowd and have proven presentation skills.
We know great products come from great teams, so we are looking for a team player— someone willing to field questions from curious designers and product owners and also consistent in sharing uncovered opportunities to help us all succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll independently plan and lead research end-to-end, including generative and evaluative research, across various levels and products. You’ll choose methods and processes that lead to sound decision-making in a fast-paced environment, including blending & interpreting information across a mix of available data sources, and helping to collect additional data where needed
- You’ll clearly communicate, advocate for, and spread research results to the right people at the right time and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that inform execution
- Taking into account collective time and resource constraints, you will work closely with the product team to identify high impact research topics that will inform our company strategy
- It will be important for you to maintain knowledge of our products and product space as well as understand the company goals and how your research can support these goals
- You would be charged with maintaining and scaling qualitative research tools, seeking out gaps in tooling and processes, and proposing and implementing improvements, so we can all work more efficiently
- You will help scale an educational program demonstrating, explaining, and coaching UX designers and product managers on how to apply a range of research methods and best practices
- You will also support Customer Success in establishing, nurturing, and scaling a research partner program/advisory panel with our top customers and ensure customer voices are heard during major product investments.
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including, planning, execution, analysis / evaluation, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical research questions and goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with a wide range of testing/research/data collection tools
- Strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Nice to have: if you know a little SQL make sure and mention it
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities