What you’ll do:
Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and other business teams on projects and feature sets to craft high-quality, industry-leading experiences and tackle design problems in and around our game experiences.
- Design solutions that contribute to and evolve the experiential continuity across platforms and touchpoints.
- Work with UX Leads UX Research to develop a deep understanding of consumer’s mentalities, attitudes, & behaviors – and use that feedback to guide refinement/improvement
- Communicate your data-informed design rationale to teams and cross-functional partners
- Partner with Product, Program, Game, and Engineering to break down those experiences thoughtfully for the product team to be able to ship value incrementally
- Pull from your breadth of expertise in UX methodologies across all phases of the product development process: discovery, research, design, build, iteration and analysis
- Predict, identify and resolve experience design issues that could impede the overall user experience in your area
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts in order to create shared understanding and alignment throughout the product discovery and development process (storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, rapid prototypes, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with Product Design & UX leadership to establish and iteratively evolve experiential and UI consistency and quality across the Zwift ecosystem (game, Zwift Companion app, web, etc).
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in interaction design, UX design, product design, or related field successfully designing complex user experiences applied to games and around-game ecosystems (designing product experiences that include software and hardware and multiple platforms is a definite plus).
- Able to thrive in a cross-functional Agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user experience
- Deeply collaborative and can bring people together to solve problems
- Solid knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Effective communicator, presenter, negotiator, and facilitator
- Proven ability to partner optimally with others and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Proficient with industry-standard UX techniques and tools and consider yourself a lifelong learner
- Strong understanding of user journeys, use-cases, user flows, and information architecture within game environments
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies to guide and inform outcomes
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, team, start-up environments where learning and adapting is the norm
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or customer experience challenge
- We’d love to see sample deliverables that show your process for how you solved challenging UX problems (we’re less interested in seeing lots of beautiful finished projects than we are knowing more about the techniques you used to get them there).
- You have deep enthusiasm for, and/or experience in, cycling, fitness, or video games
- Experience delivering results while working remotely with geographically distributed teams
- You consider yourself a systems thinker — and you can give us good examples of why that’s the case.