We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team, and are looking for a proactive and detailed Accounting Associate. This person will work closely with our Global Controller and team leaders, and will be collaborating with the Finance team on tasks like monthly closing, billings, payables, account analysis and general accounting support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist Global Controller with monthly close of US entities, including billing, journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis
- Prepare daily and monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for US entities’ assets and liabilities
- Review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by other members of accounting team, as required
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts
- Work closely with Global Controller to prepare regulatory reporting in US as required
- Assist with review of US payroll processing and related journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Assist with year-end audit work as required
- Act as US point of contract for Finance Operations
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Support Group Controller with US Federal and State Tax and R&D credit filing and reconciliation
- Timely response to ad hoc requests from team members, operations and management.
- Work with Controller of other entities to complete intercompany reconciliations
- Assist Global Controller with required quarterly and annual tax reporting
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- AICPA or equivalent qualification strongly preferred.
- 4+ years working in industry or financial services with prior experience focusing on monthly close, reconciliations and general ledger accounting
- Experience with international accounting is a plus (Luxembourg and United Kingdom).
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Prior experience working in industry a plus
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.