As the Trust Policy Lead, you will assist in developing the strategic vision and goals for our Managed Marketplace. This is a critical global function tasked with ensuring the safety of all our clients and Taskers on the TaskRabbit platform. The scope of the role is vast, ranging from policy and standards evolution globally to identifying and executing on key opportunities to drastically reduce the most common issues customers (Clients and Taskers) experience on TaskRabbit and to improve the experience when customers do encounter an issue. Prioritization of these opportunities will be made with a balance of improving the customer experience while helping TaskRabbit meet its aggressive financial goals.
You will be responsible for defining key performance indicators to monitor and evolve Trust & Safety globally for all users. You’re never satisfied, once defined you’ll look for ways to constantly optimize our programs, policies and procedures for accuracy and efficiency. You will develop and maintain the overall strategic policy goals, and then implement large-scale programs, policies and projects that help us meet those go. You will work cross-functionally to improve productivity and efficiency, and do so with clear communication, efficient resource usage, and deep focus on excellent overall execution.
What You’ll Work On:
- Evolve the resolution process for our users, increasing efficiency while reducing losses and customer friction.
- Develop and implement a scalable, transparent standards program for all TaskRabbit customers. Modify and update program touchpoints, including but not limited to the Happiness Pledge, customer communications, help pages and branding.
- Define and develop Trust & Safety metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and return on investment (ROI) for activities across the customer end-to-end lifecycle. Maintain metrics and ROI tracking and measure and monitor performance. Consistently provide actionable recommendations to improve KPIs.
- Define and drive strategy and roadmap for Trust & Safety policies and programs. Proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans when roadmap changes or other blockers disrupt plans. Assist in developing the strategic vision and company-wide adoption of an overall Trust & Safety vision.
- Set internal and external policies and procedures for both Clients and Taskers, relying on cross-functional input from key stakeholders including Customer Support, Legal, Product and Marketing. These policies and procedures should include both “happy” and “sad” paths and remediation guidelines.
- Deliver program/policy changes in formats consumable by Training & Development, Risk Operations and other teams as needed for operational readiness and roll-out. Regularly communicate performance to stakeholders and management. Ensure key metrics are updated across standard company communication vehicles, including Monthly Business Review decks, Monthly Finance updates, and Trust & Safety business reviews.
- Conduct research and continuously learn about industry best practices for Trust & Safety. Meet and network regularly with other Managed Marketplaces and Gig Economy contacts, attend webinars, conferences and regularly share out information to the broader Trust & Safety team. Prepare recommendations to continually innovate, and support international expansion and other company goals.
- Know the highs and lows from the Tasker and Client perspective, and constantly work toward understanding the entire TaskRabbit experience from A to Z.
- Develop, organize, and maintain a searchable, accessible repository of all Trust & Safety policies.
- Stay informed of all site and policy changes as they occur. Be able to articulate them accurately, and understand how they affect the team’s overall strategy.
- Develop protections for Clients and Taskers against abuse on our marketplace. Ensure the value proposition is showcased in Terms of Service, the Happiness Pledge and User-facing communications.
- Develop data-driven cases for initiatives you have identified as impactful and build and deliver high impact presentations to secure approval and/or resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, MBA preferred
- Minimum 6+ years in project/program management or 4+ years in operations or trust and safety in a Managed Marketplace.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- You are effective at decision making, navigating ambiguity and making tradeoffs
- Proven track record of managing large-scale complex strategic, operational, and technical launches for global enterprises.
- Experience with project management tools and familiarity with business analytics tools like, JIRA, Confluence, or Looker.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Support, Product, Legal, and Operations teams to influence and shape the product strategy and roadmap, drive change for key issues, and prioritize product change requests based on issue volume, users impacted, revenue impact, and other relevant metrics.
- Analytical mindset and creative thinker to drive projects which directly contribute to company objectives and key results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are proactive, clear, concise, and comfortable speaking publicly.
- Passion for building trust in our product, safe managed marketplace interactions, and delightful customer experiences.
- Create training materials and ongoing education documentation with operational leaders for their teams. Be the expert on how our internal products work and where they are falling short.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with various departments in different time zones.
- Ability to handle multiple projects from scoping to execution.
- Ability to draw business level conclusions based on data analyses, KPIs and other metric trends, and reporting.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with external vendors and tools.
- Adapts well to a fast-paced working environment.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $97,00 – $136,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.