There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Trade Surveillance Associate will be responsible for market monitoring and communication/trade surveillance for Coinbase on an ongoing basis. This person will help the Trade Surveillance team monitor all markets, investigate any suspicious trading behavior, and leverage Coinbase surveillance technology to help keep Coinbase the most trusted platform in the space.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of e-comms/voice/trade surveillance and develop and implement surveillance reports as required
- Review and investigate alerts generated by surveillance systems and properly escalate as necessary
- Assist in new asset launches and monitoring market depth and liquidity relative to other assets and exchanges; perform market assessments for new asset launches and relaunches following trading halts
- Keep abreast of regulatory and market structure changes that may affect our markets and the scope of the existing surveillance program
- Work with engineering and support staff to create process efficiencies and improvements
- Enforce and enhance policies and procedures related to Coinbase Trading operations and Trading Rules
- Collaborate with other key compliance individuals and separate Coinbase business lines to open new and close current investigations
- Work on ad-hoc inquiries, special projects, or regulatory requests
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience in markets/ecom surveillance or trading capacity
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and a quick learner; demonstrate Coinbase values
- Knowledge of market structure a plus
- Prefer FINRA Series or other relevant certifications
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $102,150.00