Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our app partner ecosystem is a strategic asset to Xero. It’s one of the largest marketplaces for business apps in the world. Connecting millions of small business customers and their advisors to over 1000 app partners that build value added integrations to the Xero platform. Our community of partners are engaged, innovative, and love working with Xero and we have big plans to keep growing that ecosystem for our customers and partners.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for multiple Senior Technology Evangelist and Technology Evangelist to join the global Partnerships and Evangelist team! Are you an API Specialist in your current team or a Developer Advocate? We want you!
You’ll help Xero’s developer community create best in class integrations with Xero’s Platform. You will have a passion for developer experience and desire to apply creativity in the creation of code and content that educates and drives awareness for APIs and technology.
You will participate in discussions with developers to ensure API best practices during implementation and build relationships with app partners during the review and certification of their integrations. The developer evangelists team engages with developers through our open source client SDKs and will collaborate with other teams across Xero.
What you’ll do:
• Onboard new app partners into Xero’s partner program
• Answer technical questions from app partners building to Xero APIs
• Certify app partner integrations to ensure they meet our high standards
• Manage relationships with assigned app partners through Salesforce, email, and meetings.
• Contribute towards improving developer documentation
• Educate developers through videos, blog posts, and code samples
• Present technical content to developers on webinars and at live events
• Contribute towards our open source client SDKs and developer tools
• Engage the Xero community in our forum, stack overflow, social media and GitHub
What you’ll bring:
• 2+ years experience programming with server-side or native mobile technology
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages: C#, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, NodeJS, Objective-C, Swift of Golang.
• Experience building full stack web apps with developer tools, SDKs and APIs
• Experience participating in developer communities online or in person
• Experience presenting technical topics to a developer audience preferred but not essential
• Experience with API specifications, open source, code generation or mustache templating preferred by not essential