We are seeking a technical writer with real-world, hands-on technical experience and knowledge of modern cloud architectures and development processes that loves to explain how things work.
You will join the Developer Experience team that has the mission to make Platform.sh not only useful but also joyful. With you, we will reimagine how both our customers and our own staff discover and become experts of Platform.sh.
We’re looking for someone not just passionate about building a great technical documentation experience, but someone that thrives in leading learning in all forms, like creating guides, onboarding materials, videos, workshops, architecture diagrams and presentations.
Your primary role is creating quality content that accelerates developers’ understanding of how Platform.sh works through our external product documentation and through our internal playbooks and other learning mediums.
This position is part of our Product team and reports directly to the Director of Developer Experience.
- You will partner with engineers, other technical writers, product managers to write, review, edit new and existing documentation and internal playbook to make them great!
- Help build a collaborative culture of documentation by encouraging everyone to help keep content relevant with our ever changing product and evolving organization. This is not a one person effort but it needs to be lead!
- Own and create the onboarding content for learning our technology and processes for both customers and internal employees and engineers
- Choose and define tools and processes that optimize for single sourcing documentation, managing when content drifts and achieving a high level of correctness and freshness
- Take initiative to improve the developer experience by testing tools and services, investigating problems, and channelling feedback back to the product team and to documentation
- Align with product, engineering and marketing to create documentation and other content needed for upcoming releases
- 5+ years of technical writing for developer-facing documentation, training or education learning materials
- Comfortable around code, and writing documentation for engineers
- Experience managing and publishing documentation from source code
- Experience treating docs like code, using a git workflow (you are passionate about single-sourcing).
- Proven ability to organize and structure documents and content
- Able to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Have strong user empathy
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and spoken English