Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our Technical Support Team. This role will be responsible for providing accurate, empathetic, on-brand help to keep the needs of Grammarly customers at the forefront of every interaction. The Technical Support Specialist will also work closely with key Support and Product teams to resolve unique issues, scale support capabilities, and meet our SLAs. This role will include assisting with various product-related issues, including planning, installation, training, and troubleshooting. We are looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual who excels in problem-solving and collaboration efforts and will be an integral liaison between the Engineering and Support teams.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will be accountable for maintaining positive and satisfactory customer relations by providing service via email (help desk) and by working with teams across Grammarly. You will have a direct impact on improving Grammarly product offerings and solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Process technical and nontechnical support tickets, always looking for ways to improve ticket-processing metrics.
- Reproduce and escalate issues reported by users.
- Create and maintain documentation for our knowledge base.
- Help prioritize issues by analyzing the severity of bugs.
- Improve the team’s productivity and efficiency.
Curious about what you’ll focus on first?
- By month three, you will autonomously troubleshoot a variety of low- and medium-complexity cases.
- By month six, you will contribute to the team’s OKRs by demonstrating your exceptional ability to solve all user interaction types with speed and quality.
- By the end of year one, you will help boost team efficiency by improving customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Genuinely likes to help others and demonstrates an understanding of what good customer support entails.
- Can strongly communicate in English, both written and spoken.
- Is a good communicator with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Is comfortable with both Microsoft Windows and macOS environments.
- Demonstrates strong reading comprehension and attention to detail.
- Has customer service experience and familiarity with tools like Zendesk and JIRA. (This is not required but is a plus!)
- Knows how to diagnose issues and reproduce bugs.