Lumen is seeking upbeat customer service contact center representatives to assist current voice and high-speed internet customers with service-related issues including hardware and software configurations. All contacts are inbound and are technical support only, NO SALES REQUIREMENTS. Combined with your current computer skills, Lumen has a technical support training program for you to achieve success. This is a full-time, WORK-AT-HOME contact center position.
Next Class Start Dates:
Monday, December 4, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
The Main Responsibilities
- Works with customers to identify service-related needs and offers the most appropriate solutions while providing world-class customer service.
- Diagnoses and resolves basic network and modem functionality issues, including landline troubleshooting.
- Walks customers through common phone hardware and software configurations to maximize service functionality.
- Provides solutions and resolution resources for customer repair problems.
- Interfaces with customers over the phone providing status updates and ensuring service has been restored.
- Schedules a technician dispatch for on-site service calls when necessary.
- Escalates appropriate technical issues to upper-level technical support when needed.
What We Look For in a Candidate
This is a home-based position. You will need to provide internet access. You will need a home environment which is free from distractions which might interrupt calls. To be eligible you must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
- Requires customer contact and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone with both internal and external customers.
- Must be a consistently flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- workplace in your home or work location.
- The workplace must have an adequate work surface and be free of background noise and distractions.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills when working with both internal and external customers.
- The ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime is required.
- Ability to multi-task in a Microsoft Windows environment and utilize multiple programs for troubleshooting.
- Experience with standard internet software is preferred.
- Preferred but not required: 6 months experience in technical support, help desk, and/or contact centers.
As a Work at Home employee, Lumen will supply you a laptop running Windows 10, second Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and USB headset. You must meet the following physical/logistical requirements for “at home” work in this position:
- Must subscribe to High-Speed Internet Service with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps (No VoIP service is allowed).
- PC must be physically connected to modem/router using Ethernet cable (i.e. computer cannot be run on a wireless connection).
- You are responsible for establishing a dedicated workplace in your home or work location. The workplace must have an adequate work surface and be free of background noise and distractions.
Compensation & Benefits
Starting rate $17.61/hr. After 6 months: $18.58/hr. After one year of service: $19.66/hr.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401K Savings with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Wellness Rewards
- Survivor Benefit (6 month’s salary paid to surviving eligible family members)