We’re looking for a technical support engineer to help us tackle the enormous challenge that lies in last-mile delivery orchestration & optimisation.
We’re offering not just a company, but a culture:
- Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce – businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020.
- Our mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. We bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing a better client service and help them save on deliveries.
- We have been growing fast for the last 5 years – recently Deloitte has listed us among the top 3 fastest growing start-ups in Belgium.
- We’re a team of diverse people who make things happen.
- Our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English speaking work environment.
About the Team
The product and engineering team is the heart of the company. It’s where we turn the challenges our customers are facing into solutions. Product managers will try to understand these challenges as good as possible at which point we, as a team, try to come up with the best possible solution together.
- We believe in the richness of collaboration and of diversity, for everyone to make an impact and work together toward a common goal.
- We offer a flexible and fun working environment with lots of autonomy and possibility to grow as a professional and as a person. You will find an engaged team, where people share their joy for technology, ready to coach you as well as learning from you.
- For us, the culture fit is important as we want to invest in our people for the long term.
- As a company, we believe that, sometimes, failing is the best way to learn and get better at what you do.
About the position
- You will be the right hand of our support team in case they are confronted with technical issues that need further investigation
- While close to the support team, you’re part of the engineering team and collaborate them when the issue requires it.
- With the help of the team, you create tooling for the support team in order to help customers better.
- Every fourth week you take part in the engineering team’s cooldown week. In this week you get to learn new technology or improve what we have in place or kickoff new tooling you want to start working on.
You are positive minded and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You’re a great communicator in fluent English
- You’re reliable and transparent. When you’re unsure about something, you indicate this.
- You have some experience with MongoDB and know how to find data efficiently
- Bonus points if you already have affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count.
- You live in a place that lies in the CET timezone or has a high overlap with it.
* Years of experience means nothing, we know. But right now we really need some people with some experience to help us go fast and coach team members.
What’s in it for you?
- A fast growing company with lots of great challenges.
- A clear growth path towards becoming a cornerstone of our engineering team.
- A permanent contract with a great extra-legal package in Belgium, or a nice freelance long term collaboration anywhere in Europe.
- Flexible company, nice colleagues to work with, fun company activities (even for our remote people!),…
- If you desire to work to have an impact and bring a change: don’t hesitate and apply now!
- Brief phone conversation with HR
- Interview with 2 team members
- Technical test
- Technical interview with 2 team members.