Our organization seeks a highly driven, organized, and analytical Technical Project Manager II (TPM II) to help our teams fulfill their goals by managing the identification, planning, design, build, roll out and support of technology and/or process solutions. These solutions will benefit specific functional teams within the Delivery organization or outside (e.g., Marketing, IT, Recruiting, Quality, etc.).
This Techno-functional role would include administration, planning, design, management, and monitoring of projects and solutions used in-house at Care. The position will require strong analytical skills, ability to lead efforts with data-driven approaches (e.g., six sigma, analytics, KPI), and experience with Cloud technologies. It will also require stakeholder management skills and experience managing external staff or vendors.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who can gain a deep understanding of the processes requiring systems and solution support. From there, the successful practitioner will be able to develop a plan to build systems, involve key stakeholders, orchestrate systems build effort, and ensure that performance of team members involved lead to the success of effort, including managing vendors and external parties.
They create a methodically defined backlog of requirements and translate them into detail specifications as they are elicited from various stakeholders. The TPM II prioritizes the backlog for implementation as new features roll out, lead conversations around improvements in both technical and layman terms and can guide teams in various methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
Our TPM II comes with a solution-driven mindset and can look at the full picture of our business process with embedded systems and process complexities. He or she is also able to dive in and make micro changes and suggestions as necessary, cognizant of the regulations and industry guidelines and restrictions. This role will require managing systems and applications.
What You’ll Be Working On
Duties include but not limited to:
· Learn the organizational systems’ landscape and end-to-end business processes of the way clinical trials are conducted at Care Access.
· Managing requests for new functionality and prioritizing them in a backlog as necessary.
· Lead efforts for all parties involved when formulating, producing, or rolling out tech and process solutions, and be able to play role of owner or administrator of solution.
· Apply best project management practices to capture requirements effectively, document decisions and discussions among stakeholders.
· Enable communication to facilitate change management and key decision-making, and monitor performance of effort to meet time, cost, and scope expectations.
· Take the active lead role as techno-functional resource and support efforts around stack of products and operational (process) systems.
· Identifying and implementing continuous improvements (e.g., automation) to Delivery team software systems and processes.
Physical and Travel Requirements
· This is a remote position with less than 10% travel requirements. Occasional planned travel may be required as part of the role.
What You Bring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Expertise in enterprise solutions, software development, product lifecycle and project management.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by positive interactions with coworkers, management, clients, and vendors.
· Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other team members to accomplish mutual goals.
· Bring a positive and supportive attitude to achieving these goals.
· Ability to balance tasks with competing priorities and bring critical thinking into discussions.
· Successfully work with many different departments to identify problems that staff and others face in the operations/industry.
· Able to listen and identify problems with staff/operations; maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively, high level of self-motivation and energy with the ability to problem-solve in chaotic environments.
Certifications/Licenses, Education, and Experience:
· More than 5 years of experience managing projects, building products, supporting solutions. Expertise in enterprise solutions, software development, product lifecycle and project management.
· Experience using Microsoft Azure, NetSuite, Salesforce, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, PMI, Agile/Scrum, Six Sigma experience preferred.
Benefits (US Full-Time Employees Only)
· PTO/vacation days, sick days, holidays.
· 100% paid medical, dental, and vision Insurance. 75% for dependents.
· HSA plan
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life Insurance.
· Culture of growth and equality
· 401k retirement plan