The CrowdStrike CTO Project Management Team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support the DSCI organization. This role will be perfect for someone with analyst and/or project management experience coordinating complex projects and a passion for security, malware detection, and machine learning.
As a Technical Project Manager, your primary focus will be on the lifecycle of machine learning models, shepherding multiple models across multiple environments and cross-functional groups. You will guide teams to plan, estimate, and coordinate work within the model deployment process, manage risk and dependencies, and ensure the successful deployment of machine learning models to various production targets. This role will work closely with a variety of internal groups, including the Data Science team, the Data Engineering and ML Software Engineering teams, the Malware Research Center, and the ML Operations Response and Evaluation team.
Your role will be within the CTO PMO team focused on process development, improvement, and project management for the Data Science department. Bring your passion to drive world class results across the organization.
This is a remote position which can be performed anywhere in US Eastern or Central time zones.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and drive the tactical execution of deliverables with change management activities considered at all phases of the model lifecycle
- Help team members clarify business needs and measurable project outcomes
- Determine and track project success metrics
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Reduce departmental silos to increase collaboration and productivity
- Implement project management best practices and operational strategies
- Track the status of assigned model activities and ensures that schedules and priorities are being met
- Communicate model progress and delivery to team members and leaders
- Ensure critical issues are identified, tracked through resolution, and escalated if necessary
- Manage communication and status reporting of the models within the PMO standards
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss tasks with peers in a manner, which gives guidance and best practices but does not dictate implementation
What You’ll Need:
- Must be comfortable using Jira (query/ticket creation)
- 5+ years of experience working in a project management capacity for software development, security, or data science organizations
- Experience owning projects at all phases of delivery, including scoping requirements, planning milestones, estimating resourcing, managing change and risk, coordinating dependencies, and being an active non-technical resource for technical teamsExcellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must enjoy consensus-driven environments where collaboration, honest and open communications are paramount.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, while driving the end to end classifier process
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail and have the ability to make logical, timely decisions.
- Excel with proactively and independently driving for results in team environments of various sizes
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
Plus (helpful but not required):
- Experience with Project Lifecycle, Software Development Lifecycle, and Project Management methodologies like Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and/or Scaled Agile.
- Experience with/exposure to the cybersecurity domain, in particular the threat landscape of nation-state/criminal actors and their varying methodology of exploitation.
- Experience with/exposure to data science and/or machine learning.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration