At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what’s most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and more intuitive with technology that simply works.
The SRE Pipelines Team, part of the SRE Engineering Enablement org at Meraki supports our CI Platforms, Developer Environments, tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ day to day work. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, artifact management, CI, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
As a Tech Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will architect, build, and evolve the developer experience for Meraki’s Cloud Engineering teams. You will work within a team distributed across the US and UK and collaborate with other teams across SRE and Cloud Engineering. Your decisions will shape the day to day operations of Meraki’s cloud, and enable our engineers to easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products!
- Lead the design and evolution of critical infrastructure for building, testing, and deploying our cloud applications.
- Take the lead on complex problem resolution and debugging of internal and vendor-supplied tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence within the organization.
- Learn and understand the priorities and practices of other engineering teams to design systems that work for them.
- Work on cross-functional initiatives within Cloud Engineering and with non-technical stakeholders.
- Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have a software development background with many years of demonstrated ability coding with languages like Ruby or Python.
- Quickly learn and dive into new or unfamiliar technologies, and enjoy working with a large range of technologies/tools.
- Like to mentor other specialists and set a high standard on the team.
- Are deeply interested in running highly resilient/scalable systems with an owner/operator approach.
- Embrace the configuration-as-code and automation-first industry best-practices.
- Have experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment (we deploy to bare metal, container orchestration, and managed cloud services).
- Experience building and supporting tools for a quickly growing engineering organization (1200+ and growing).
- Background in containerization.
- Familiarity with DORA and SPACE published DevOps measurement metrics.
- Believe that development and operations are best carried out in close co-operation; all our teams are developers, and own what they create.
Keywords: SRE, Site Reliability Engineering, Engineering Enablement, Release Engineering, Developer Tools, Software Engineering, GitLab, GitHub, CI/CD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Athena