As a member of the CSM team you will act as a champion for our largest and most critical customers. You will function as the primary post-sales point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will help establish, implement and run processes and projects that help deliver successful adoption and usage of Kong products. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent our values every day and will allow you to understand their business, operational, and technical needs to help them achieve the greatest value from Kong.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity – We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder – “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
What you will do:
- Ensure constant communication with customers and emerge as customer’s trusted technical advisor and a partner
- Establish business value for customers and help them achieve the targets and ROI
- Involved in customer’s renewal and expansion.
- Work with customers to explore new use cases and expand Kong’s API platform usage
- Understand, advocate and document customer’s use case, architecture and roadmap
- Effectively manage the tracking and resolution of customer escalations on behalf of product and services
- Manage customer accounts with Kong’s customer maturity model framework, including driving cadence calls, and establishing Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Periodic review of Kong implementation and walk through best practices
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 6-10 years of demonstrated experience handling enterprise customers of all sizes in Customer Success Management, Technical Account Management, Technical Support and/or Professional Services functions in a Software/SaaS company
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- An urgency to retain customers, as well as growing them via expansions and cross-selling
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time while focusing on attention to detail and deliver results across multiple initiatives such as driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain complex technical issues and solutions
- Prior experience administering/interacting with an API management platforms (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $140,000 – 150,000. This role does have a variable on top of the base salary.