Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high-quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
About this role:
Our Technical Content Marketing Managers (or technical CMs, as you’ll probably hear them called) are the backbone of the work we do for a specific group of Animalz customers. While working closely with a Content Strategist and Editor, technical CMs write approximately two pieces per week, proactively manage their customer relationships, and work to level up their knowledge of technical subject matter and customer products.
This role blends a passion for technical subject matter with best-in-class writing for customers. Successful candidates should be eager to learn new topics and products and to collaborate with team members and stakeholders to better their understanding of technical subject matter, including software development, UI/UX, and data pipelines.
Ideal Technical Content Marketing Managers have experience writing long-form (~1,500 word) content that appeals to a technical audience and managing customer accounts. The length and depth of your experience can vary, and our team will work closely with you to grow your skillset long-term.
We’re looking for folks with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences for this role. We have former developers, freelancers, journalists, strategists, marketing generalists, and more at Animalz. We encourage everyone who’s interested to submit an application, and we’ll be in touch if we think there’s a potential fit.
We’d like to hear from you if:
- You have a passion and skill for writing, and are interested in technical content marketing as a career
- You have experience writing long-form technical content (1,500 words or more), such as tech journalism articles, tutorials, and/or blog posts
- You understand how developers and/or engineers think and talk, and can translate that into accurate, compelling, engaging content for a variety of audiences
- You love working directly with customers and/or stakeholders
- You want to improve your writing by working closely with an editor
- You have knowledge of, or direct experience with, on-page SEO
- You have a reliable internet connection/access
- You can regularly work EST hours, with an overlap of 4 hours per day to collaborate with customers and members of the team
We’d REALLY like to hear from you if:
- You have 1-2 years of experience with technical writing or development
- You have experience interviewing subject matter experts, and using their quotes or expertise as a resource for your content
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have overlap with EST hours
- Flexible, asynchronous team member and customer communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can’t be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.