Datadog’s Writing team is the public voice of Datadog. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who value accuracy, depth, and readability. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate across the entire company. Our blog posts cover Datadog in depth and provide valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
Are you looking to combine your editing and writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are top editing, copy editing, and providing detailed editorial feedback to experienced technical content writers, product managers, product marketing managers, and other marketing professionals? Do you follow the latest trends in cloud monitoring technologies? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
We are expanding the Writing team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of technical content editors and writers runs Datadog’s main blog (aka “The Monitor”), where we publish in-depth articles about monitoring, software infrastructure, and application performance for a highly technical audience of Dev, Ops, and Security teams. We also edit and quality check various marketing and educational materials written by other teams across Datadog.
Successful candidates will be comfortable shaping and editing the work of professional writers, researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion.
- Edit and occasionally write articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Edit and occasionally write various educational materials and marketing collateral, such as case studies, solution pages, and product pages
- Provide precise and detailed editorial feedback to technical content writers
- Collaborate with editors, writers, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Pitch new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Continually measure reader engagement and iterate to improve content focus and craft
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience as an editor/writer in the technology industry, with samples of your work to share
- The ability to craft technically precise prose and elevate the work of your colleagues to a similar level. This includes improving the quality of the writing itself, as well as identifying technical passages that need clarification, revision, or deeper exploration
- A flexible editorial voice—you can easily shift from editing/writing highly technical prose to marketing content geared towards a more general audience
- Knowledge of the latest trends in the cloud monitoring space and the motivation to conceptualize and pitch new story ideas on a regular basis
- Proficiency in multiple widely used general-purpose programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, and other infrastructure technologies
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed on-boarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture