Grafana is looking for a detail-oriented and task-driven Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager to join our Finance Team! Reporting to our Director of Accounting, this is an opportunity to join a fast growing startup and play a driving role in our accounting and financial operations.
We’re scaling quickly and this role is perfect for someone who enjoys looking for opportunities to advance their skills in a fulfilling environment. The candidate should expect to leverage current skill-sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Prepare accounting memos, policies, and summaries to ensure proper documentation and support of the accounting positions taken.
- Critically and thoroughly analyze the accounting implications of non-recurring transactions and apply accounting rules and literature and exercise judgment in subjective areas to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Assist in the regular review of Grafana’s accounting policy, and development of accounting policies for new and evolving business areas.
- Prepare more complex accounting analyses and reconciliations including equity as needed to support the month-end and quarter-end close and reporting process.
- Support the external audit and financial reporting processes through the preparation and/or review of financial statements, supporting work papers, and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP requirements.
- Responsible for external requests for financial and other equity-related information.
- Support the administration of the company’s U.S. and international equity programs, including reviewing or coordinating new equity awards, exercises, cancellations and repurchases.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding equity programs, including interpreting equity plan documentation and policies to assist in resolving employee issues.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting and equity-related issues.
- Responsible for key quarterly and annual financial controls to ensure complete and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare/present ad-hoc training on technical accounting or equity-related topics.
- Big 4 experience, or similar technical accounting advisory, and CPA certification or equivalent is required.
- Preferred, not required, experience with equity systems such as Carta
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and effectively lead projects collaboratively
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Problem-solving & analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Experience researching FASB Accounting Standards Codification and Big 4 interpretations
- Deep understanding of GAAP, specifically ASC 606, ASC 505, ASC 718, and 805
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a complex environment
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $131,000 – $157,000.