We are looking for a customer-centric Technical Account Manager (TAM) with direct focus on our largest enterprise customers and partners. The TAM is a technical professional who helps optimize Aiven’s customer experience and accelerate time-to-value when using Aiven’s Open Source services. The Aiven TAM acts as a single point of contact, customer advocate and provides direct access into Aiven business functions such as Support, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Executive Staff.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana. TAMs will also be involved in every stage of enterprise customer/partner development on Aiven. Thus, this will involve meeting with customers/partners on a consistent basis allowing for positive and meaningful customer interaction.
The position is full-time and permanent and can be located either remotely in the US or Canada or in one of our offices in Toronto or Boston.
- Help customers/partners succeed, building successful relationships during the entire customer journey.
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of the customer’s/partner’s business priorities, operational model/objectives, cloud environment, cloud architecture/roadmap, and their technical initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of customer/partner operations as the Aiven advisor to assist with operational planning, risk management and act as an advisor for deployments.
- Act as an advocate of the customer/partner and conduit into various Aiven cross-functional teams & leadership, including Sales, Support, Engineering and Product Management.
- Conduct regular operational reviews with customer/partner on weekly incidents, field advisories, security vulnerabilities, and related root-cause analysis.
- Extract and maintain account insights and capture in systems of record.
- Participate in sales account planning and support account penetration/pipeline growth strategies.
- Actively contribute to customer/partner stability, enablement, and growth.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and articulate to the Product team or supporting Solution Architecture team.
- Experience implementing proof of concepts as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements.
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage – block and object, networking, and security groups.
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS and VPC.
- A fairly deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Opensearch (Elasticsearch).
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
(migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL is an asset).
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with ability to build trusted relationships with premier enterprise customers and partners.
- Attention to detail, good problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management and Consulting Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers.
The following are nice to have:
- Customer relationship management is highly desired.
- A dynamic environment in a rapidly growing, international business
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for open-source contributions made in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Paid time off for vacation, personal reasons, illness, parental leaves, and public holidays
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best including a mobile phone and subscription
- Grow-with-the-flow with access to an individual learning budget, our Aiven Library, individual coaching, and popular online learning platforms
- Home office furniture and internet stipend for fully-remote Aiveners
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Our Employee Assistance Program and other wellness programs
- Extensive Occupational Health Care
- Dental Care