As a Technical Account Manager, you will own the ongoing technical relationship through the entire lifecycle of customers in your portfolio, collaborating very closely alongside the Customer Success and wider account teams. This role will serve as a trusted technical advisor responsible for defining the Braze technology strategy for customers who have purchased the TAM premium service offering and helping them unlock value from their use of the Braze platform.
Your focus will be to drive value, retention, and adoption of Braze’s product through the customer lifecycle, acting as the technical counterpart between Braze and your client’s product and engineering team. You will be responsible for understanding your customer’s needs and proactively driving forward technical initiatives that help your customers achieve their business goals.
You’ll manage a portfolio of named accounts, typically in the Enterprise and Strategic classification of accounts, a tier of customers with enterprise organizational structures and architectures, posing unique geographical, scale, and complexity challenges.
This is an opportunity to bring your experience as a product and implementation expert, business analyst, problem solver, and customer success professional along with a high level of product and technical competence, delivering high-impact engagements that drive tangible outcomes for some of Braze’s most advanced customers.
- You’ll be responsible for client success, partnering with the Customer Success Team to own the technical relationship for your assigned accounts and help drive technical adoption, accelerated technical value, and continued technical maturity.
- Help customers successfully instrument Braze across their stack and refine that instrumentation over time as their use of Braze matures and becomes even more valuable, which in turn contributes to renewals and upsells
- Facilitate conversations regarding the customers’ desired use case, conducting discovery, and recommending solutions based on their unique needs and architecture.
- Support and advocate for day-to-day inquiries and requests to support optimization and value through the customer lifecycle
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product as independently and efficiently as possible, communicating with customers and internal teams to explain products and solutions by delivering enablement and education
- Adopt governance practices such as creating solutions documentation and building architectural diagrams, and drive progress against key technical work streams through project management
- Instill best practice and engineering excellence amongst your customer portfolio by validating product use cases and technical feasibility for product launch and translating the customers’ unique requirements to Braze’s Product team.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years client-facing experience as a TAM or in a related technical area such in Implementation, Technical Support, or Solutions Architecture, for a product offering serving Enterprise/Strategic accounts.
- 3+ years of technical experience in managing complex customer environments with strong product command and technical knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, API, or Programming
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal skills), with demonstrable customer communication and coordination efforts, and the ability to take complex technical ideas and translate them to non-technical stakeholders
- You are a natural problem solver with a high level of intellectual curiosity and love working amongst a team to solve those problems.
- You are able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment.
- You may have bilingual skills beyond English that facilitate us talking with our global customer base in their native language. Please note that this is not a requirement for the role but something that we welcome in our team.
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $81,000 and $112,500/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $90,000 and $125,000/yea