Loom is looking for a thoughtful team lead to help build and manage our technical support operations. This role will focus on providing the best product experience for all Loom’s customers and business partners (via our SDK).
Our approach centers around building knowledge, collecting feedback and thinking about scalable solutions for product improvements. Our Technical Support Team Lead will be a coach and a point of escalations for our team of Technical Support Engineers, while also working with our Engineering and Product teams to ensure technical alignment.
We’re looking for ambitious and thoughtful customer advocates, who are eager to tackle complex technical challenges and build meaningful relationships with our customers to help our team deliver delightful support experiences.
- Set the vision and drive priorities for our talented TSE team.
- Using performance management and development processes, regular 1:1s, and ongoing coaching and mentoring. Monitor, report, and help develop performance plans as needed to quickly identify and remediate performance issues.
- Help the team meet and exceed our Support goals to deliver an excellent experience to Loom users.
- Create a positive team culture, build relationships with direct reports and work hard to help them level up their skills.
- Manage prioritization, escalation and resolution of support incidents to the Engineering team.
- Create and implement a variation of our current Quality program tailored to technical needs.
- Continually learn about Loom’s products, technical processes and policies while communicating with your team to support them through frequent updates.
- Incorporate the use of data and automation in the support delivery processes and customer experience
- Maintain accurate attendance and vacation tracking for an efficient workforce management model.
- Collaborate with other leads and managers to prioritize initiatives and set direction for Support as a whole, including with our outsourced partners.
- Serve as a role model for accountability, professionalism, and emotional intelligence. Work alongside your team as needed to establish trust, credibility, and to stay close to what is needed to best serve our Loom community.
- Act as on-call support leader and escalation contact
- Champion customer issues within the organization to build the best customer experience
What We’re Looking For
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in SaaS companies working in technical support for large international customer accounts.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical support management role. Bonus if you have hired and onboarded direct reports in the past.
- You have excellent, thoughtful written and verbal communication skills. Effective communication is one of your superpowers.
- You enjoy spending your time motivating, providing feedback and helping your team meet and exceed their goals.
- You are a Support role model. You can lead by example by jumping into the queue and helping whenever necessary.
- You have experience debugging web-based applications and are comfortable interacting with deployed code with Chrome Developer Tools and examining logs in DataDog and Sentry.
- You are comfortable navigating software development and support tools like Zendesk, JIRA, AWS, Github, etc.
- You are an expert at installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Windows and Mac with protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, WebSockets and DNS.
- You have experience troubleshooting complex issues with video.
- You have a great video presence to engage with customers via Loom.
- You have of these certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Apple Certified System Administrator, CompTIAA+, CompTIA Network+