ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is responsible for all global tax reporting and compliance. This position includes oversight over corporate tax department. In addition, this position is also a key leader on finance and accounting projects for senior management. These projects may include M&A integration and tax structuring, tax planning, due diligence & related activities, capital offerings, finance and accounting process improvement projects, financial system development and implementation, financial reporting, and all company tax compliance initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for building and scaling the tax function and team to support the global growth and scale of Veritone, a leading AI provider.
- Timely and accurate completion of federal, international and state / local income tax, use-tax, sales-tax and business occupational returns including all related analysis, support, and statutory compliance in a dynamic and multinational based business with customers all across the world.
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s EMEA and North American subsidiaries.
- Responsible for use, VAT, foreign withholding, business and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee calculations.
- Liaison with professional outside tax and related consultants.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes (i.e. SOX compliance).
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting with tax planning issues as required.
- Strategic partnering with finance and the business to minimize global income tax and withholding exposures
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Experience with ERP systems; Oracle preferred
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- International tax experience preferred
WORKING AT VERITONE
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity awards
- Remote First (Work From Home)
- Flexible Time Off
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!