At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and versatile leader, with keen eye for business and a love for strategy to join our growing HR team! You’ll bring together our first unified Talent Strategy function consisting of the HR Business Partners, L&OD, Manager Success and Employee Relations pros and evolve the framework and operating system for forward-thinking, global talent strategies and initiatives. You’ll own a wide range of talent management and development programs (including individual development, performance feedback cycles, and talent reviews) as well as learning and development programs (including manager enablement and our coaching programs) that will assist the business in making strategic and data driven decisions. In addition, you’ll:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work in partnership with your HRBP, L&OD, Manager Success and Employee Relations leaders to build and drive an aligned strategy to optimize the employee experience and ensure prioritization within and across the teams
- Identify, create and deliver on key talent initiatives and programs that align with Elastic’s culture and values to help leaders scale and develop their organizations, to ensure successful and impactful teams
- Guide, mentor, and develop a Talent Strategy team and continue to scale the team to meet the rapidly changing needs of a high growth organization based on strategic
- Evolve Elastic’s global talent development function by establishing the strategy and framework for various offerings and programs to optimize employee growth and impact throughout the company
- Collaborate closely with our SVP, Global Human Resources on company-wide, critical global talent initiatives
What You Bring Along:
- 15+ years of human resources experience, with leadership expertise in at least two of the areas: talent management, learning & development, performance management, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, employee engagement
- An experienced and innovative leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with solid experience in a broad range of HR areas such as leadership, career, organization development and workforce strategy.
- Excellent communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Exceptional track record of managing and developing effective people teams at a high growth, global company.
- Ability to scale and think strategically, with deep experience in mid-sized growth companies
- Data-driven, decision-maker & pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them
- Ability to manage priorities among multiple collaborators and multitask or re-prioritize as needed
- Successful record in leading, planning and delivering global programs and projects in high growth environments
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $221,400 and $304,600, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.