The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retaining our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning.
As a Talent Researcher, you will play a critical role in partnering with recruiters and hiring teams to execute strategies for building diverse pipelines of candidates that represent our global community of learners. You will engage, inspire, and nurture relationships with the talent community through sourcing, outreach, events, and affiliations with relevant community and professional organizations. Your partnership with our Employer Branding leads and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team will help pioneer new top-of-funnel strategies that will make Coursera irresistibly attractive to outstanding talent.
If this sounds like the job for you, it is because you are an excellent communicator, you are data-driven and great at juggling multiple, high-volume pipelines. You are proactive, self-motivated, have a strong desire to eliminate barriers to entry for underrepresented communities, and have a passion for bringing education to the world!
- Build phenomenal pipelines of diverse talent with an emphasis on creating extraordinary candidate experiences; everyone you meet and talk to should feel inspired to join Coursera’s global mission!
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring teams to understand the requirements of various roles, define and identify transferable skill profiles, and screen and assess candidates and referrals.
- Partner with Employer Branding leads and the DEI team to develop creative outreach and engagement strategies that continuously grow and diversify Coursera’s talent networks; lead outreach campaigns; plan, execute, and attend events and conferences as needed.
- Proactively nurture multiple talent pipelines and track pipeline activity to share with recruiters and hiring teams.
- Conduct market discovery to inform your storytelling with data, research, and relevant talent insights; make recommendations on where diverse talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to attract and engage additive talent.
- Seek exposure to new markets and global communities to elevate your cultural competency and ability to connect with individuals from around the world.
- 4+ years of experience sourcing or recruiting, to include finding, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Experience analyzing data, understanding trends, developing and articulating recommendations for action, based on the analysis
- Previous experience building partnerships with DEI organizations
- Experience using applicant tracking systems and other sourcing tools or talent data platforms
- Experience sourcing and engaging both tech and non-tech talent
- Experience developing diversity recruiting strategies and engaging with passive candidates
- Employer Branding experience
- Previous project management experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets (vlookup, pivot tables, functions)