Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets–spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise in December and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world–including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is looking to hire a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated Talent Acquisition Partner who will execute a talent strategy that will meet the needs of our booming business. In this role, you will use a consultative approach to build relationships with our non-tech leaders, strategically source talent, and ensure a fast-moving process throughout the entire recruiting process.
In the role, you will foster best recruiting practices to engage and hire diverse candidates, all while ensuring a fair and enjoyable candidate experience. This role works in the People Operations Group and will report to our Head of People Operations.
- Identify and attract the most qualified and diverse talent for our open requisitions
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Partner with hiring managers to facilitate the entire recruitment process, from opening a search through offer extension
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics
- Source candidates using various methods and tools, including employee referrals, company career site, social media, job boards, associations/user groups, and university alumni resources
- Screen candidates to evaluate their skills and understand their motivators
- Contribute to hiring processes & procedures, employer branding, onboarding, and organizational planning that will allow the company to scale effectively
- Be a culture ambassador
- Influence and educate hiring teams on best interviewing practices and skills
- Find new and innovative ways to engage with the best talent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4+years of focused full-cycle recruiting experience, with a majority of that experience being at a high-growth company
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting for non-technical positions
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate delicate and confidential information
- A track record of negotiating and navigating compensation conversations (including equity)
- Experience in a full-cycle recruiting, owning candidate experience from sourcing through to offer
- Experience working with multiple hiring managers to identify and develop tailored job descriptions and recruitment strategies
- Track record of creatively sourcing and hiring talent in a geographically dispersed organization
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Exceptional judgment capabilities and relationship management skills
- Attentive to detail and well-organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong influencing, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and follow-up skills, with the ability to deliver a compelling story to a prospective candidate
- Remote-first culture – “work from anywhere” philosophy
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k plans with a 3% company contribution, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- Ample paid-time-off, including holidays, floating holidays, and volunteer time off.
- Fun, fast-paced, start-up environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities per applicable law.